Blog site for The Maisibert

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

Travelled to Stoke to day to have a longer look over the boat and to discuss the final details i.e. sign writing and designs to go on to the cream panels. Maria and Paul's daughter had come up with some designs over the last few days and we have chosen one to be painted on the boat early next month as with the boats name.

Trims and skirting boards have been fitted and are now very close to completing the fit out.

boat2214.jpg

boat2224.jpg

Regards

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Paid a visit to Stoke this weekend to see the boat and Ned from Cabincare had been in to fit the blinds.

The cratch boards and cover has also been fitted since our last visit, it also gave us a chance to assemble the futon bed to see if it fitted and worked.

boat2238.jpg

boat2243.jpg

Regards

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

We have been to Stoke today to see Robert Naghi carry out the signwriting on The Maisibert. Paul and Maria's daughter Keelie came up with the intial design for the corners of the cream panels.

Robert used his skills to create the name signwriting on the bow and sides.

boat2015.jpg

boat2016-1.jpg

Edited by andy the hammer

CONGRATULATIONS on the launch of The Maisibert.

All the best with the launch and beyond! Sorry neither of us could make it but we're thinking of you and wishing you all the best. We'll catch up when we're next in the UK and have a belated celebration :P

Counting down the days til ours is on the go!

CONGRATULATIONS on the launch of The Maisibert.

All the best with the launch and beyond! Sorry neither of us could make it but we're thinking of you and wishing you all the best. We'll catch up when we're next in the UK and have a belated celebration :angry:

Counting down the days til ours is on the go!

Got back late last night going to post pictures now speak to you soon via E Mail. The score so far Mill wharf 1/2 to Heartwood 1 1/2 Boats:o

The winds dropped to gale force to allow the boat to be put into the water on Monday, after a re adjustment of the ballast we discovered that we have a singing prop which was supplied by the last boat builder and requires replacement.This did not stop us taking her out on Tuesday when we cruised to the Plume of Feathers at Barlaston in Stoke,after completing my first turn in a winding hole I managed to ground the boat on the return journey home, my partner loses her temper because she says I did not give her enough time to re board the boat and decides to walk to the next lock which turned out to be four miles away and then finally we picked up a wheel complete with tyre and tube.After removing the wheel we completed the journey in the dark using Nav. lights.TheLaunch017.jpgboat2276.jpgTheLaunch030.jpgTheLaunch035.jpgTheLaunch045.jpgTheLaunch046.jpgTheLaunch053.jpgTheLaunch059.jpgTheLaunch072.jpg

Regards

Andy

Edited by andy the hammer

• 3 weeks later...
After completing my first turn in a winding hole I managed to ground the boat on the return journey home, my partner loses her temper because she says I did not give her enough time to re board the boat and decides to walk to the next lock which turned out to be four miles away and then finally we picked up a wheel complete with tyre and tube.After removing the wheel we completed the journey in the dark using Nav.lights.

Regards

Andy

Eeeeee that's what its all about! :huh::)

Congrats :) lovely boat.

The final payment made, last little jobs completed, prop replaced we are ready to cruise The Maisibert from Stoke to the moorings at Northampton this weekend.

It is the end of a long journey from reading the article in the Canal Boat magazine to the boat being completed, not only having a great boat we have made great friends with Maria,Paul and family of Heartwood Narrowboats also Penny and Mic who like us removed their boat from Blisworth over a year ago and at present having their dream completed by Heartwood.

I would like to thank all the people on this Forum who have helped us through this journey.

Regards

Andy

Biased??? As if!

Thank you for a fab weekend - having seen her in the 'flesh' and experienced her for a day - I know the piccies don't do her justice. Stunning boat - and lovely running boat! May the twins bump (gently) into each other for many years to come! As you say, the team at Heartwood is proving to be an outstanding outfit/boatfit.

All the best (and still green with envy)! :huh:

It looked alright at Buckby yesterday

Is Dulux Dog yours?

You should have given us a shout as we have been recognised from people seeing the boat on the forum, the dog belonged to the boat that was moored with us.

The next crew member is still in the making as we are waiting to see if we are going to be the proud owners of a puppy in the next few months.

Regards

Andy

Biased??? As if!

Thank you for a fab weekend - having seen her in the 'flesh' and experienced her for a day - I know the piccies don't do her justice. Stunning boat - and lovely running boat! May the twins bump (gently) into each other for many years to come! As you say, the team at Heartwood is proving to be an outstanding outfit/boatfit.

All the best (and still green with envy)! :rolleyes:

It was great to have you aboard and when the second twin is born (launched) they will make an impressive sight on the cut.

We will do it again some time.

Regards

Andy

This is how The Maisibert should have left Blisworth.

StoketoNorthampton027.jpg

Not like this

boatmove001.jpg

Regards

Andy

If the pictures are anything to go by the Maisibert looks a lot better than the last time it sailed past Blisworth, and under its 'own steam' this time! Looks like you towed out two boats, or was this their version of a wide beam?

Congratulations

If the pictures are anything to go by the Maisibert looks a lot better than the last time it sailed past Blisworth, and under its 'own steam' this time! Looks like you towed out two boats, or was this their version of a wide beam?

Congratulations

It was two boats and I have just started a build blog for Intrepid the other boat as the owners are working abroad.

Regards

Andy

This may be the last entry on the build of The Maisibert as we have now cruised her from Stoke to Northampton and it has recieved a few knocks and bruises so she is a fully fledged canal boat.

We arrived at the Marina on Saturday spending the next few days cleaning her up for the trip to Blisworth Tunnel and to show her off to the old boat builder.

So as full fledged canal boat owners my next postings will be reporting on the cruises we have and all the adventures they hold.

One of first Moorings

StoketoNorthampton001.jpg

Atherstone Locks

StoketoNorthampton007.jpg

At the Moorings

StoketoNorthampton014.jpg

Regards

Andy