Blog site for The Maisibert

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

• 4 months later...

Can we all just clarify that this boat was not started by Blisworth tunnel Narrowboats or Mill wharf Boat co as the picture implies.

Thankyou, Blisworth tunnel Narrowboats/ Mill wharf Boat co.

P.S.

Hope to see you all at Crick 2009, where we will be showing another stunning boat built aroung a 1907 FMC Motorboat "Columbia" built for Kevin Richmond MBE.

Regards

Can we all just clarify that this boat was not started by Blisworth tunnel Narrowboats or Mill wharf Boat co as the picture implies.

P.S.

Hope to see you all at Crick 2009, where we will be showing another stunning boat built aroung a 1907 FMC Motorboat "Columbia" built for Kevin Richmond MBE.

Regards

Since I started posting to this topic in July 07 you will see that I have not mentioned any company name apart from the company that we signed the contract with, ensured that the current name on the sign has been obscured or out of focus on the photographs posted.

No matter how many name/business changes it will always be a part of the history of The Maisibert that it was started at Blisworth,removed from Blisworth and completed by Heartwood Narrow Boats.

As I am not sure who I am replying to as you have decided not to fill in the profile part of this site and you are the new owner of the business I apologise for inheriting the history, but if not a chameleon changes its appearance to suit its surroundings but inside it is the same creature.

Regards

Andy

P.S.

We have joined the R.C.R. ( River Canal Rescue) and they enquired what outstanding warranty we had on our engine, so armed with the knowledge that Beta Marine build engines to order and our WOK number we contacted Beta Marine a few weeks ago and discovered that our engine was tested on the 6/7/05 and was sold to J.M. Clarke Narrowboats which is fine except that we did not sign our contract with J. M. Clarke until the 5/12/05.

So either they were confident we would sign up or this engine was destined for another craft, perhaps that explains why it was set up for 12v instead of 24v as specified?

Regards

When someone protests so much it gets me thinking, and when I get thinking I get researching. Here is what I found:

The Maisibert build was started by JM Clarke Narrowboats-Director Jason Clarke, when JM Clarke Narrowboats reported 'problems' Jason Clarke offered to complete the build through Blisworth Tunnel Narrowboats (Another Clarke Company).

Now here is the interesting bit. At the time that JM Clarke Narrowboats was reporting problems another company called J&M Clarke Narrowboats Ltd - Director Jason Clarke, came into being!

There appears to have been some sort of problem about the utilisation of a name so close to the original one as the name of the new J&M Clarke Narrowboats was then changed to Mill Wharf Boat Company.

The results of a few hours investigation on the internet. I think the name over the door is probably irrelevant.

When someone protests so much it gets me thinking, and when I get thinking I get researching. Here is what I found:

The Maisibert build was started by JM Clarke Narrowboats-Director Jason Clarke, when JM Clarke Narrowboats reported 'problems' Jason Clarke offered to complete the build through Blisworth Tunnel Narrowboats (Another Clarke Company).

Now here is the interesting bit. At the time that JM Clarke Narrowboats was reporting problems another company called J&M Clarke Narrowboats Ltd - Director Jason Clarke, came into being!

There appears to have been some sort of problem about the utilisation of a name so close to the original one as the name of the new J&M Clarke Narrowboats was then changed to Mill Wharf Boat Company.

The results of a few hours investigation on the internet. I think the name over the door is probably irrelevant.

Just found out yesterday that Jason Clarke is now a director of Mill Wharf Boat Company as JoelD comments the name above the door is probaly irrelevent.

Regards

Andy

The interesting nett effect of the response from BingBongBelly is that there will be people now who will not look at whatever company is operating from Bilsworth now at all regardless of the name above the door.

Not sure I would make the journey to see them...

• 8 months later...

Milwharf Narowboats comments on this Topic!!!!!!!

Regards

Sadly we waited and waited but again a no show we even had saved a space as you can see from the picture below, but still Intrepid was on show in her full glory at Crick, The Maisibert and Plan B giving their support by being moored by the towpath.

S5300541.jpg

The Heartwood Appreciation Society ( Owners of Intrepid Penny and Mick were showing the Crick crowds over their boat at time of photograph)

S5300554.jpg

Regards

Andy