The Northwich Boat Company

Anode

Featured Posts

Awesome quality. Talk to nb alnwick on this forum, he's got one so he should be able to expand on my opinion.

Edited to put a space in graham's forum id and to add his website:

Nb Alnwick's website clicky

Errrr no Graham has a Northwich Trader from R.W.Davis @ Saul

Phil Trotter will clip your ears for saying that

lol

Hello,

does anyone have, or have experience of, builds by The Northwich Boat Company, http://thenorthwichboat.com/ ?

I am thinking of using them & would like any info anyone has, PM or public.

Thanks in advance

A.

Our boat - "Another Way" is one of their 57ft Marbury's (the first in class) she's in the yard at Elton Moss for a few little bits of warranty rectification after our first year of ownership, nothing major just some niggles... She was their show boat at the IWA last year - we managed to get her without putting any money down until she was in the water and only paid the full amount after the show when we picked the boat up... We have put on nearly 300 engine hours in 2 weeks of holiday and weekends since the end of august last year and love her to bits...

We've had no problems with them they are only too happy to sort any problems you might have with the. Artie, John and Ruth are as nice a bunch of people as you'd want to meet. One of the factors for us we thought is that the firm build their own boats (albeit higher spec) for thier share scheme - carefree cruising and hire business - narrow escapes. So if it works for them with that level of usage it should be ok for us.

The boat sails well and the fit out is good we've some photo's on photobox of the build:

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/4012436

and some ealry finished photos at the IWA and when we picked her up

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/4015176

I woudl reccomend seriously considering them - their new czech built boats look very good too...

drop me a PM or e-mail if you want any more info...

oh and we have no relationship with them bar being a customer.

Simes.

Edited by twoputtyrats

Errrr no Graham has a Northwich Trader from R.W.Davis @ Saul

Phil Trotter will clip your ears for saying that

lol

Whoops! I must start reading posts more carefully. Apologies to all concerned and no offence was meant to any party etc etc.

Thanks for the replies everyone .

A.

We have a share with Carefree and I know of a couple of others members on this site who are shares with them too. If you would like to hear our opinion or read what has been said about our shared boat them please PM me and i will send you the link.

Regards

Steve

• 2 years later...
I have had an absolute ...................................

In keeping with the forum rules you'd be better editing this to "Anyone who wishes to hear of my experiences can send me a pm." and removing the direct criticisms.

Rather than attempting to get me to censor my comments in advance of what the forum leaders may or may not do, perhaps you should be lauding the bravery of people like myself in sharing their experiences with others so that other people don't have to go through the same nightmare.

The medal's in the post.

Personally I happen to think that the forum rules should be a bit more flexible, about members' experiences, with boatyards but, as long as I'm a guest here, the rules are clear and I've agreed to abide by them.

Your comments about an individual's personality are your opinion which may or may not be true but would not affect his performance as a boat builder.

Just to explain. This thread has now been edited in line with our forum rules and guidelines.

LM

And now is completely incomprhensible.....

Perhaps better to have locked/deleted and invited the OP to start again.

Edited by MJG

I see what you mean, although I'm not sure I agree.

The fact that some posts are missing means that the thread doesn't exactly make sense. However, the gist of it is that some people have had good experiences and are happy to say so. On the other hand, some people have a different point of view. Although their posts have been removed to protect the forum, it's still clear who they are, so the OP is free to contact them privately for more information if they want to.

The mods always have a difficult job in deciding how to treat threads such as this and I think that doing it this way is better than simply deleting the entire thread or deleting any posts that are critical. At least this way it is clear that there is a difference of opinions.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm new to this.

There seems to be something I can't read as carlt is quoting from revil, but I can't see his original message. Have I not got something turned on?

I assume from the quoted bit that he had problems with his boat. Was it one of the Czech boats twoputtyrats was talking about?

I'm asking because Elton Moss built a boat I'm considering buying and I believe the boat's Czech built.

Are Elton Moss a good, reputable builder? Is there anything in particular should I be looking out for?

Thank you,

Mark

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm new to this.

There seems to be something I can't read as carlt is quoting from revil, but I can't see his original message.

True, you cannot see the original, it has been 'edited' by a 'mod' as it did not comply with the rules for posting on this forum.

Have I not got something turned on?

No, all is working OK.

I assume from the quoted bit that he had problems with his boat. Was it one of the Czech boats twoputtyrats was talking about?

I'm asking because Elton Moss built a boat I'm considering buying and I believe the boat's Czech built.

Are Elton Moss a good, reputable builder? Is there anything in particular should I be looking out for?

Sorry, cannot answer this piece, have no experience of them.

Thank you,

Mark

Edit: Sorry, forgot to welcome you to the forum. Welcome :lol:

Edited by bottle

Carl's response to Revil was offering advice on the content of the post and that it should be toned down a little to fall within forum rules.

The post was fairly critical of someone at Northwich which is probably why it was pulled - in line with the rules.

Although it now seems disjointed the original posts from 2007 are still there.

I read the deleted posts and wasn't overly surprised that they were removed.

I can't speak for Carl but wouldn't mind betting he wasn't surprised either.

Mike