Restricted Nav, Cov Canal, Atherstone bottom

tree monkey

Featured Posts

That’s a test idea to help boat owners.  The boats go over it and bounce over the lock, how could you not guess? Major contribution to reducing lock wear, thus reducing our boat licence cost so the inflation they charge has no impact on our non moving salaries/ pensions. I believe it was Blizzards idea.

Deliberate smelling pisstake btw

1 minute ago, tree monkey said:

So far I am slightly disappointed at the quality of humour in this thread.

There's a massive trampoline in the canal, this must be a gold mine for giggles

:)

I did my best ........ :D

Just wondering if the modern trend is to as the OP says report to C&RT & squeeze past ? in days past it would have been hooked out of the cut & dismantled & the alloy possibly used as a source of spare income or other uses

3 minutes ago, X Alan W said:

Just wondering if the modern trend is to as the OP says report to C&RT & squeeze past ? in days past it would have been hooked out of the cut & dismantled & the alloy possibly used as a source of spare income or other uses

Today you could have a irate owner chasing you down the cut wanting it back and claiming you damaged it if you did that.

29 minutes ago, X Alan W said:

I wondered when this would come up and yes normally I would but it's bloody big, nowhere straightforward to drag it to, its on the towpath side and my moorings off side.

All of the above are obviously excuses but resonable I think.

Best way of dealing with it is to tow it down to the nearest bins with a boat.

So I thought it best to report it and leave it to either CRT or a passing boater heading in the appropriate direction.

Anyway its not a tree, it will blunt my saws :)

We’re so sorry, this is our trampoline  (Bradley Green Cottage) house in the fields opposite the canal! We’ve only just found out it had blown away, but we’ll be out 9ish tomorrow morning to try to move it. We’ve got a couple of lovely people to help us (Joy and Chris) but if anyone else on the boats is free to help, we’d really appreciate it. It’s 16ft and was anchored down.... 

14 hours ago, tree monkey said:

I wondered when this would come up and yes normally I would but it's bloody big, nowhere straightforward to drag it to, its on the towpath side and my moorings off side.

All of the above are obviously excuses but resonable I think.

Best way of dealing with it is to tow it down to the nearest bins with a boat.

So I thought it best to report it and leave it to either CRT or a passing boater heading in the appropriate direction.

Anyway its not a tree, it will blunt my saws :)

This was not meant to be a criticism or having a go it was a query as to what the present day  set up/thinlking is  As my boating was all done on a working & early hotel boating business in the60/70's I know what the way to resolve this problem would have been in my boating days & trying to keep up with how it would be resolved to day

13 hours ago, Debs and Jon said:

We’re so sorry, this is our trampoline  (Bradley Green Cottage) house in the fields opposite the canal! We’ve only just found out it had blown away, but we’ll be out 9ish tomorrow morning to try to move it. We’ve got a couple of lovely people to help us (Joy and Chris) but if anyone else on the boats is free to help, we’d really appreciate it. It’s 16ft and was anchored down.... 

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you get it out OK and that it isn’t damaged.

2 hours ago, X Alan W said:

This was not meant to be a criticism or having a go it was a query as to what the present day  set up/thinlking is  As my boating was all done on a working & early hotel boating business in the60/70's I know what the way to resolve this problem would have been in my boating days & trying to keep up with how it would be resolved to day

No worries at all, its all been dealt with now anyway but yes normally if I had encountered this when out boating it would have been out and stacked on the roof for disposal and tbh I think most would do similar

27 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

No worries at all, its all been dealt with now anyway but yes normally if I had encountered this when out boating it would have been out and stacked on the roof for disposal and tbh I think most would do similar

That's one thing that's stayed the same then the ways & attitudes do'/dont's seem way different present day :lol: to the way things were back then