Kill Cord ?

Aguila

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, Aguila said:

I wonder why kill cords aren't aren't used much on canal boats? If a solo boater falls overboard, it would stop his boat disappearing over the horizon into the sunset! 

Very rare that people fall off when steering.  Mostly you fall in when getting off/on the boat which you are already stopped anyhow.

Edited by Robbo

31 minutes ago, Aguila said:

I wonder why kill cords aren't aren't used much on canal boats? If a solo boater falls overboard, it would stop his boat disappearing over the horizon into the sunset! 

I don't think many NBs will go in a straight line long enough to 'disappear over the horizon' - take your hand off the tiller and within a few seconds they are into the trees.

8 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I don't think many NBs will go in a straight line long enough to 'disappear over the horizon' - take your hand off the tiller and within a few seconds they are into the trees.

And many are into the trees with hands on their tillers.

Ian.

• Greenie 2

48 minutes ago, Aguila said:

Because pretty soon it will hit something and stop, that is if it actually travels fast enough that you can't catch up with it!