Shop arround vast price difference

bigcol

Featured Posts

Click to view larger image
Have one to sell? Sell it yourself

Victron Energy Multiplus Inverter Charger 24/3000/70-16 

just looking at vairying prices on a main item above

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Victron-Energy-Multiplus-Inverter-Charger-24-3000-70-16-PMP243020001-Pure-Sine-/253164643260?clk_rvr_id=1416220332452&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=twenga&utm_campaign=twenga&utm_param=eyJlcyI6MCwicyI6OTcyMDIzNywiY2kiOiIwMzE2MzBiM2I4NjI0MjQwMmNmMmViYmRjOTNiMmIxZSIsImkiOiIyNTMxNjQ2NDMyNjAiLCJ0cyI6MTUxNTk3MTEzNiwidiI6Mywic28iOjE1MDAsImMiOjYxNTA0fQ%3D%3D&rmvSB=true&ul_ref=http%3A%2F%2Frover.ebay.com%2Frover%2F1%2F710-53481-19255-0%2F1%3Futm_source%3Dtwenga%26utm_param%3DeyJlcyI6MCwicyI6OTcyMDIzNywiY2kiOiIwMzE2MzBiM2I4NjI0MjQwMmNmMmViYmRjOTNiMmIxZSIsImkiOiIyNTMxNjQ2NDMyNjAiLCJ0cyI6MTUxNTk3MTEzNiwidiI6Mywic28iOjE1MDAsImMiOjYxNTA0fQ%3D%3D%26utm_campaign%3Dtwenga%26utm_medium%3Dcpc%26ff3%3D4%26pub%3D5574631662%26toolid%3D10001%26campid%3D5338234756%26customid%3D031630b3b86242402cf2ebbdc93b2b1e%26mpre%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.ebay.co.uk%252Fitm%252FVictron-Energy-Multiplus-Inverter-Charger-24-3000-70-16-PMP243020001-Pure-Sine-%252F253164643260%26srcrot%3D710-53481-19255-0%26rvr_id%3D1416220332452&ul_noapp=true

£1249 battery store

https://www.google.co.uk/search?source=hp&ei=Y-NbWv2pC52vgAb727-QBg&q=victron+phoenix+sine+wave+multi+plus.+24v+3000va+inverter+70+amp+charger+price&oq=&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.1.0.41l3.0.0.0.5456.1.0.0.1.1.0.0.0..0.0....0...1..64.mobile-gws-hp..0.1.23.3...0.lCSg_Jc9afg

prices to £1770 !

why why so large differences  on the same google search

1 hour ago, ianali said:

I think if you look closer Col the prices are for different products and one site is plus VAT. Cheers, Ian.

Hi Ian. Thanks for that, I just searched for victron MultiPlus 24v. 3000/70 amp pure sine wave 

and still confused how prices differ.  Re what I posted above, how many options are there please?

2 hours ago, bigcol said:

and still confused how prices differ.

This is how life and business works. You will get different firms offering different prices for much the same thing. Some firms like to 'pile 'em high, sell 'em cheap' for a wafer thin profit, others prefer to have a bigger profit margin and fewer customers, but be able to give those customers a better standard of service. 

You pays your money and takes your choice, as someone once said!

(But who was it?)

4 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

This is how life and business works. You will get different firms offering different prices for much the same thing. Some firms like to 'pile 'em high, sell 'em cheap' for a wafer thin profit, others prefer to have a bigger profit margin and fewer customers, but be able to give those customers a better standard of service. 

You pays your money and takes your choice, as someone once said!

(But who was it?)

Punch magazine in 1846 apparently.

As Mike quite rightly pointed out, if the price for exactly the same product varies wildly then it becomes a matter of whether or not the extra cost covers the customer service and support. Do you want to buy a high cost, potentially expensive item from a company that sells it and offers no support whatsoever after sale or do you want a company that will go to great lengths to help you out?

of course you need to beware of companies that sell high and still offer no support, so perhaps some research into company reputation is called for, the extra sales cost may be well worth the higher price.

5 hours ago, bigcol said:

Hi Ian. Thanks for that, I just searched for victron MultiPlus 24v. 3000/70 amp pure sine wave 

and still confused how prices differ.  Re what I posted above, how many options are there please?

The items you list like for like are priced fairly closely. £1770 ? you quote is maybe for the 5000 watt version

Ian.

There is of course another possibility, often used in the world of car tyre sales. Who you don't have a product in stock, you don't say so at first, you just quote an unfeasibly low price so the punter calling you quotes it to the next firm he calls and this makes them look expensive and you, competitive. If the punter calls back to order from you, you say out of stock, just sold the last one, three days delivery but he notes that you are the firm to come to next time for best prices!

Have you checked the on line retailers with the lowest prices genuinely have them in stock ready to sell?

Tyre buyer goes into a tyre shop and asks for a particular tyre. Fitter tells him they’re 120 quid a corner. Buyer tells him they’re only 80 quid a corner at the shop down the road. Fitter tells him to go down the road and buy them then. Buyer says they haven’t got any in stock. Fitter says ours are only 80 quid a corner when we haven’t got any!

Boom Boom!!

21 hours ago, bigcol said:

Victron Energy Multiplus Inverter Charger 24/3000/70-16 

Power Saving Solutions get my vote (and business).  Click that link for  the unit you're looking at for £1020 Inc vat and delivery - over 200 quid less than your cheapest quote and  750 less than the other.  Awesome service too - I had a problem with a unit which arrived perfectly factory sealed by Victron but was damaged inside and they went the extra mile for me.

Usual disclaimer - no connection other than satisfied customer. 

Edited by Sea Dog
Tidy up.
  • Greenie 1

Many thanks for that Sea Dog

this is what I mean, your link is the cheapest, but is mad that there are shops,online stores selling the same ones up to £1900, many different prices. Just the vast difference in money!!!

maybe the forum when somone buys somthing, he can enter what it is,and how much he’s paying

then folks can put down the price they’d have seen, and compare??

Edited by bigcol

5 minutes ago, bigcol said:

Many thanks for that

You're welcome Col. I bought a smaller unit but still saved a couple of hundred quid on the closest competitor's price. Delivery was pretty quick and properly tracked with good information. Can't recommend them highly enough.

34 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

Tyre buyer goes into a tyre shop and asks for a particular tyre. Fitter tells him they’re 120 quid a corner. Buyer tells him they’re only 80 quid a corner at the shop down the road. Fitter tells him to go down the road and buy them then. Buyer says they haven’t got any in stock. Fitter says ours are only 80 quid a corner when we haven’t got any!

Boom Boom!!

I first heard that one about 50 years ago ;)

8 hours ago, dor said:

Recently looked for flight prices, Manchester to Lyon, on the Flybe site.

Same day, cheapest was £15, dearest was over £500!  (The second was via Paris with French leg by Air France).

That’s exactly what I’m referring two, to get from A to B  how does these comparison sites or any company, do their market research??

when there such a vast difference, I can’t even work out the percentages lol

but £15 and over £500 is not just a price difference, but the higher quote must be robbery. A con!!

13 hours ago, Richard10002 said:

Boom Boom!!

There is a diesel seller on the Oxford canal that does this. He does go one better though. When he closes for lunch his price drops and when he reopens the price goes up.

:(

10 minutes ago, Laurie.Booth said:

There is a diesel seller on the Oxford canal that does this. He does go one better though. When he closes for lunch his price drops and when he reopens the price goes up.

Perhaps local boaters could organise a roster.  When he closes for lunch they stop for fuel; when he reopens they cast off without buying any. ;)

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Laurie.Booth said:

The above is so funny, it can’t be true surely, you can’t make it up!!

Lol. I’m 58 now, and surprised how somthing this silly, meanifull can make an impact, come on is this a age thing?

5 hours ago, bigcol said:

That’s exactly what I’m referring two, to get from A to B  how does these comparison sites or any company, do their market research??

when there such a vast difference, I can’t even work out the percentages lol

but £15 and over £500 is not just a price difference, but the higher quote must be robbery. A con!!

Not really. Unless some most people on the plane pay the £500 retail price, the flight wouldn't be going in the first place.  

Edited by Mike the Boilerman