Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Dr Bob

Time for a party

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, Peter X said:

Your updated post count is of course shown against every post you've made each time you change or refresh a page.

I see that Dr Bob now has 1001, and will clean a big, big carpet for less than half a crown. Will he do mine?

I reckon theres plenty on here who wont understand that one :) wish I was one of them.

4 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I reckon theres plenty on here who wont understand that one :) wish I was one of them.

I think there are also plenty on here who will:). Doesnt time fly?

17 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

I think there are also plenty on here who will:). Doesnt time fly?

Yes I remember that one, good job it’s not around today as 12.5p does not sound right, nor does it rhyme.

11 hours ago, Laurie.Booth said:

I'll bring Adolf Hitler, he will be the life and soul of the party.

Please note he is vegetarian and non smoker.

:)

If he asks you to take a shower, it would probably be best to turn him down.

• Haha 1

I'm worried for Laurie. As an experienced time traveller he'd know that abducting Hitler could make massive changes to history, so he'd take him from Berlin right at the end to minimise the disturbance. That would be very dangerous work, what with the approach of the Soviet Army, and Laurie hasn't posted anything since. Nor has anyone who was at the virtual party mentioned his appearance.

10 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

I think there are also plenty on here who will:). Doesn''t time fly?

That has triggered a procession of old advertising jingles through my head - damned uncomfortable at this time of the morning. "Andrew's, Andrew's, for inner cleanliness...."

6 hours ago, Peter X said:

I'm worried for Laurie. As an experienced time traveller he'd know that abducting Hitler could make massive changes to history, so he'd take him from Berlin right at the end to minimise the disturbance. That would be very dangerous work, what with the approach of the Soviet Army, and Laurie hasn't posted anything since. Nor has anyone who was at the virtual party mentioned his appearance.

Now you mention it, I definitely didn't see him. If the time line has changed then it hasn't affected me or Mrs Bob. ....but then if it had changed the time line we wouldn't know would we.....and the ducks still here!

9 hours ago, Peter X said:

I turned up with Mr. Hitler who said this party was a lot better than the Nazi Party he had in the 1930's. Due to the problems of altering the earth's time line, I had to return him back home. Hence the time line has been restored and no one can remember him turning up. I still love the song he sang "Why don't you be a smarty come and join the Nazi Party"

• Haha 1

But it must have changed history when he went back knowing Germany had lost the war? Or was everyone at the party speaking in German to reassure him? Badly of course, even after 72 years of compulsory lessons we British wouldn't fully have mastered a foreign language.

1 hour ago, Peter X said:

But it must have changed history when he went back knowing Germany had lost the war? Or was everyone at the party speaking in German to reassure him? Badly of course, even after 72 years of compulsory lessons we British wouldn't fully have mastered a foreign language.

At the party we took Basil's advice and didn't mention the war.

22 hours ago, Peter X said:

I see that Dr Bob now has 1001, and will clean a big, big carpet for less than half a crown. Will he do mine?

But is the carpet luxury that you can afford by Cyril Lord?

Edited by cuthound
  • Haha 1

I don't know who supplied my carpet because it came with the house when I bought it eight years ago. I could afford it because I could afford the house. If it was luxury, it isn't now after eight years of use, but perhaps Dr Bob and his 1001 can help me. Alternatively, I could do the Shake'n'Vac to put the freshness back. While Laurie was busy building his time machine, I was wasting my time watching too many TV adverts.

6 hours ago, Peter X said:

I don't know who supplied my carpet because it came with the house when I bought it eight years ago. I could afford it because I could afford the house. If it was luxury, it isn't now after eight years of use, but perhaps Dr Bob and his 1001 can help me. Alternatively, I could do the Shake'n'Vac to put the freshness back. While Laurie was busy building his time machine, I was wasting my time watching too many TV adverts.

No sorry Peter. Don't know ought about carpets. Our boats not posh enough for carpets on the floor and the duck says they make his feet itch. Anyways, I've not got any 1001 left now. That was a special offer for one day only.

On 1/12/2018 at 21:00, Peter X said:

Your updated post count is of course shown against every post you've made each time you change or refresh a page.

I,ll come naked,  if you dont mind, but i will have a condom hanging off my nose. You,ll ask me whom i,m meant to be and, of course, i,ll reply  " f***k nose !"   Oops i hope the vicar isnt there !