Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Dr Bob

Time for a party

Featured Posts

Ok, you are all invited to my virtual party as I'm about to make the 1000 posts since joining the forum. The drinks are on me but bring your own cakes. Dont eat too much.

The highlights of my apprenticeship here have been that I am now up to date on how to charge batteries, I know the best type of coal to burn, I've heard the best solution for a bilge pump, I know how to get sticks out of tanks, the best way to seal windows and how to edit my own and other peoples posts for net gain.

The downsides have been that I've been conned into buying a duck at vast expense, I am not allowed to buy a Smartguage, I understand the earth is not flat and someone hacked my account and proved beyond reasonable doubt that Ecofans work.

I'm still none the wiser on Brexit. All in all it is positive. Your all Quackers! What are you lot bringing to the party? I'm going to bring the duck.

• Greenie 2
  • Love 1
  • Happy 1

3 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Eddie Murphy

I thought he was away filming for a new version of the Bargee?

• Greenie 1

15 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

I thought he was away filming for a new version of the Bargee?

Wow, Congratulations on your soon to be 1000th post.

Its a very kind offer, and thanks for the invite, but you have conveniently neglected to divulge the location of the virtual party, and more importantly the virtual free drinks.

Is it virtual fancy dress?

Imagine what you will have learnt after your 200000 thousand posts like me.....virtually nothing.
Edited by rusty69

13 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Wow, Congratulations on your soon to be 1000th post.

Its a very kind offer, and thanks for the invite, but you have conveniently neglected to divulge the location of the virtual party, and more importantly the virtual free drinks.

Is it virtual fancy dress?

Imagine what you will have learnt after your 200000 thousand post like me.....virtualy nothing.

It's a Virtual party silly. It's all over the place. Yes, it is fancy dress, I am wearing a green operating gown and a green hat. The duck isn't.

It was funnier before your edit:giggles:

• Greenie 1

5 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Ill bring some Hoisin sauce :closedeyes:

Chocolate brownies and Hoisin sauce sounds good! The duck would approve. He's just told me he's been talking to a little birdie who told him that there's a conspiricy to stop my post count going above the 994 posts its been on since yesterday evening. Sounds like this party could go on for days!;) Whooooa!

• Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

It's a Virtual party silly. It's all over the place. Yes, it is fancy dress, I am wearing a green operating gown and a green hat. The duck isn't.

It was funnier before your edit:giggles:

I edited it silly, so I didn't look silly. That made ya look silly didn't it. You clearly still have some stuff to learn from the editing post.

What intrigues me about your posts is that, at the beginning of this thread you had 994 posts, and you still have now. How does that work?

As I have 967, this is of interest to me too!

Edited by Stilllearning

5 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Chocolate brownies and Hoisin sauce sounds good! The duck would approve. He's just told me he's been talking to a little birdie who told him that there's a conspiricy to stop my post count going above the 994 posts its been on since yesterday evening. Sounds like this party could go on for days!;) Whooooa!

Oh yeah :giggles: I hadn't noticed :lol:

1 minute ago, Stilllearning said:

What intrigues me about your posts is that, at the beginning of this thread you had 994 posts, and you still have now. How does that work?zz

It will start counting back to zero from now, and his membership deleted:)

9 minutes ago, Stilllearning said:

What intrigues me about your posts is that, at the beginning of this thread you had 994 posts, and you still have now. How does that work?

As I have 967, this is of interest to me too!

Yes it is fascinating isnt it? I was on 992 yesterday early evening and the incremental count is slowing down. I have a feeling it is something to do with Peukert's law where the more frequently you post, the slower the post count goes up but I am not sure if this is down to internal resistance or poor blocking by the plates (of food at the party). I am sure Nicknorman and wotever will be along shortly to explain. Maybe I do need a Smartguage to work it out. It will be interesting to see if the count restores itself after this discussion cycle or if the loss of capacity is permanent. Perhaps someone needs equalising? I can guess who:giggles:

Shall we have a race to 1000?

Edited by Dr Bob
  • Greenie 1

Well, I've been here 53 minutes now, and not even an offer of a virtual drink,even though my virtual cake has been in the virtual kitching for virtually an hour, no-one has virtually touched it.

These aren't real posts as they are virtual so they don't count. Now where is that free bar...?

5 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Now where is that free bar...?

I've been here nearly an hour now, the bar is virtually impossible to find, so is the host:giggles:

2 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I've been here nearly an hour now, the bar is virtually impossible to find, so is the host:giggles:

You're not looking in the right place. This Brains SA is going down very nicely.

.....and what are you dressed up as?

Edited by Dr Bob
  • Greenie 1

1 minute ago, Dr Bob said:

You're not looking in the right place. This Brains SA is going down very nicely.

I will keep looking, I'm a bit low on Brains.

2 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

....and what are you dressed up as?

I'm dressed as the invisible man, I'm surprised you saw me ,but glad you are getting the hang of the editing bit

Tune in tomorrow when you'll here Dr Bob say.

" Am I the only one left at this party......Hiccup"

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I will keep looking, I'm a bit low on Brains.

I'm dressed as the invisible man, I'm surprised you saw me ,but glad you are getting the hang of the editing bit

Tune in tomorrow when you'll here Dr Bob say.

" Am I the only one left at this party......Hiccup"

Well I will be if I am still on 994 posts:banghead:

• Greenie 1

How about some music to liven up this party.I'm getting bored dancing with the Terry Dactyl sisters.

1 hour ago, Dr Bob said:

Well I will be if I am still on 994 posts:banghead:

See your at 996 now.

13 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

How about some music to liven up this party.I'm getting bored dancing with the Terry Dactyl sisters.

See your at 996 now.

Now that is more like it. Looks like Peukert's is working again now I have slowed down my post rate. I am now at 998 posts.

Edited by Dr Bob
  • Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Now that is more like it. Hooray, I am now at 1000 posts.

Well, let me be the second to congratulate you (someones bound to get in before me).

ETA,Still says 997 here

Edited by rusty69

1 hour ago, rusty69 said:

ETA,Still says 997 here

No mine definetely says 999

Edited by Dr Bob