Unusual query from C&RT

colmac

Featured Posts

29 minutes ago, Allan(nb Albert) said:

This is what C&RT say is the purpose of the mooring validation scheme

The Mooring Validation Scheme has little to do with C&RT's records being correct and more to do with identifying boaters who are declaring that they have a 'home mooring' when they do not.

I think you've become somewhat muddled, on this issue. Others have comprehended the letter quite clearly, and it isn't complicated.

18 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

I don't see how your comment follows from the quote . . .

31 minutes ago, Allan(nb Albert) said:

This will ensure we are monitoring boats against the correct terms and conditions

As the requirements and movement monitoring for CCers is different to HMers ( yes the legal requirements are different) that appears to be exactly what they are saying.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

1 hour ago, Allan(nb Albert) said:

This is what C&RT say is the purpose of the mooring validation scheme

The Mooring Validation Scheme has little to do with C&RT's records being correct and more to do with identifying boaters who are declaring that they have a 'home mooring' when they do not.

Probably that too but it seems to have solved the location problem on their system - in my case at least!

2 hours ago, Midnight said:

Probably that too but it seems to have solved the location problem on their system - in my case at least!

Pleased you finally got it sorted. In my own case, my location was correctly recorded on BW/C&RT's system over 12 years ago. Over that same period my club has confirmed Albert's mooring twice per year (that's 24 times). Before the scheme inspection C&RT were given a list of boats at the site. During the inspection they were given another list. Alberts name was on both lists.

Edited by Allan(nb Albert)

19 hours ago, Allan(nb Albert) said:

Not on my reading ...

My reading of the letter sent was that I had been making false declarations on licence applications for the last 12 years and I was being invited to incriminate myself:P

Yes. And by not being allowed to contact them by phone, they have got your answer in writing and on record....

If CRT reading are reading this post - I guess the 'Licence Support Advisor'  will be having a few laughs at all the hassle their letter is causing. 

Edited by Horace42
delete duplicate words

8 minutes ago, Horace42 said:

If CRT reading are reading this post - I guess will I guess the 'Licence Support Advisor'  will be having a few laughs at all the hassle their letter is causing. 

Only fair, CaRT give most of us a few laughs

2 hours ago, Horace42 said:

If CRT reading are reading this post - I guess the 'Licence Support Advisor'  will be having a few laughs at all the hassle their letter is causing. 

1 hour ago, Midnight said:

Only fair, CaRT give most of us a few laughs

I don't think the 'Licence Support Advisor' is laughing. She took the blame for sending out two MAC1 letters (another club member also received one) in error.

She was probably lucky that a complain was not made.

3 hours ago, Horace42 said:

Unfortunately, if that is indeed the outcome, it is a sad indictment of CRT priorities and management direction.

There is far more needs attention than a moorings Big Brother with a deficient recording system wasting money on hounding innocent boaters.

Only today I heard of CRT having their own dry dock for their vessels maintenance in the Midlands - management deciding to lease it out for under £1k a year (increase in income for their KPI sheets), and now CRT boats have to pay £400 for each docking..........

Clear sky thinking indeed...

Edited by matty40s

1 hour ago, matty40s said:

Unfortunately, if that is indeed the outcome, it is a sad indictment of CRT priorities and management direction.

There is far more needs attention than a moorings Big Brother with a deficient recording system wasting money on hounding innocent boaters.

Only today I heard of CRT having their own dry dock for their vessels maintenance in the Midlands - management deciding to lease it out for under £1k a year (increase in income for their KPI sheets), and now CRT boats have to pay £400 for each docking..........

Clear sky thinking indeed...

The O/P perhaps demonstrates that C&RT failed to learn the lessons of the pilot.

I can't speak for other mooring providers that agreed to take part in the pilot. However, the outcome for my club was that C&RT failed to identify anyone making a false declaration but managed to issue MAC1's to two legitimate moorers by ignoring their own records.

11 hours ago, Allan(nb Albert) said:

The O/P perhaps demonstrates that C&RT failed to learn the lessons of the pilot.

I can't speak for other mooring providers that agreed to take part in the pilot. However, the outcome for my club was that C&RT failed to identify anyone making a false declaration but managed to issue MAC1's to two legitimate moorers by ignoring their own records.

Our club took part and the list of moorers sent by CaRT included about a dozen or so boats we had never heard of. Possibly the product of the confusion in locations around these parts rather than 'ghost' moorings but who know?