George Clarke's amazing spaces.

Kinver Canopies

Featured Posts

It had to be pulled off a beach a few years back.  I'll try and find the news articles.

From what I recall, no marina or mooring wanted it.

Edited to add links: 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1352749/Grand-Designs--80k-Channel-4-makeover-barge-turns-Essex-beach-vandalised.html

http://metro.co.uk/2011/02/01/grand-designs-houseboat-neglected-by-couple-washes-up-on-beach-635385/

Edited by IanM

6 minutes ago, IanM said:

It had to be pulled off a beach a few years back.  I'll try and find the news articles.

From what I recall, no marina or mooring wanted it.

Edited to add links: 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1352749/Grand-Designs--80k-Channel-4-makeover-barge-turns-Essex-beach-vandalised.html

http://metro.co.uk/2011/02/01/grand-designs-houseboat-neglected-by-couple-washes-up-on-beach-635385/

Ah, thanks. It was a grand design, not an amazing space. 

31 minutes ago, Kinver Canopies said:

Wow, You my friend really do need to understand what you are talking about.

We are Kinver Canopies  any using  emailadreess@KINVERCANOPIES.CO.UK

WE HAVE NEVER USED @wilsonsofkinver

I Understand completely.

This is very strange, perhaps you can explain the email thread between us, two from me and one reply to me from you all with the address 'sales@wilsonsofkinver.com' I have never used '@kinver canopies.co.uk' why would I when I had never heard of you in early November 2017 when the exchange took place. So how can I can I send and receive e-mails from you via Wilsons? Kinver Canopies does not appear anywhere in our email threads. I have resent them privately to you as per the original communications for your information and review, our business such as it is should not be discussed in a public forum.

1 hour ago, Oldboater said:

Well perhaps not quite b......s as you so elegantly put it MJG. I originally contacted sales@wilsonsofkinver.com at the beginning of November 2017 the people with whom I have dealt with over the years, (having ordered and received two cratch covers and the stern cover), complaining about the ongoing shrinkage problem with the cover.

I received an e-mail reply from Keith Wilson using the same e-mail thread (sales@wilsonsofkinver.com) saying effectively he had split from his brother Ian two years ago and set up on his own, (no mention of Kinver Canopies).

As I was engaging in e-mails using Wilsons of Kinver you can perhaps see that my thoughts were the two companies were still somehow linked, why else would you use another companies email address? I Have the e-mail thread showing these communications although I don't intend sharing them with you.

My only contact with Keith was through the Wilsons of Kinver address and he kindly offered to help remedy the problems with the stern cover, although I have heard nothing since.

I hadn't even heard of Kinver Canopies until I saw the item mentioned regarding George Clarkes Amazing Spaces programme.

Incidentally on a personal note I found Ian Wilson to be a most agreeable chap, easy to deal with and was sorry to hear that his company went into liquidation.

I hope my original comment, (which was slightly tongue in cheek), may be shown in a different light and I would respectfully suggest in order to prevent any further misunderstandings Kinver Canopies should perhaps stop using Wilsons of Kinvers email address when replying to comments aimed directly at Wilsons.

I sincerely hope that my rather innocuous post doesn't deprive Kinver Canopies of any future orders.....(irony).

I don't intend making any more comments about this subject I wish Kinver Canopies all success and that Wilsons of Kinver continue to prosper.

So you contacted Wilsons of Kinver, and got a reply from Wilsons of Kinver, and somehow concluded that another company has used their email address???

I think you owe Kinver Canopies a big apology!!

• Greenie 1

5 minutes ago, David Mack said:

So you contacted Wilsons of Kinver, and got a reply from Wilsons of Kinver, and somehow concluded that another company has used their email address???

I think you owe Kinver Canopies a big apology!!

:lol:

8 minutes ago, Oldboater said:

This is very strange, perhaps you can explain the email thread between us, two from me and one reply to me from you all with the address 'sales@wilsonsofkinver.com' I have never used '@kinver canopies.co.uk' why would I when I had never heard of you in early November 2017 when the exchange took place. So how can I can I send and receive e-mails from you via Wilsons? Kinver Canopies does not appear anywhere in our email threads. I have resent them privately to you as per the original communications for your information and review, our business such as it is should not be discussed in a public forum.

Ok,  But if that is the case, I won't get them..  It's not our email address.. This is the bit you don't understand...

I will only receive it at ian@kinvercanopies.co.uk or sales@kinvercanopies.co.uk

I only hope the other company isn't pretending to be us to get jobs..

Just now, Kinver Canopies said:

Ok,  But if that is the case, I won't get them..  It's not our email address.. This is the bit you don't understand...

I will only receive it at ian@kinvercanopies.co.uk or sales@kinvercanopies.co.uk

I only hope the other company isn't pretending to be us to get jobs..

Call it a hunch  B) but I don't think the root of the problem here lies with Wilson's.

16 minutes ago, Kinver Canopies said:

yep, or Kinver Canopies.

It's what they call a P.I.C.N.I.C  in computer terms.

Problem in chair not in computer ;)

You should still be shot at dawn for making pram hoods ;)

1 hour ago, rusty69 said:

Does anyone know what happened to this amazing space (last seen by us in 2009 at the end of the Thames estuary) :-

Picture 052.jpg

What a piece of useless crap!!

3 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

You should still be shot at dawn for making pram hoods ;)

What a piece of useless crap!!

Well, admittedly, its not my best photo, but was trying not to hit Southend pier at the time

Edited by rusty69
  • Haha 1

Just now, Oldboater said:

Having spoken to the nice people at Kinver Canopies (Its good to talk)... I can now confirm that I am eating humble pie, Keith Wilson (who I thought had set up as Kinver Canopies), in fact didn't, as far as I know he remains at Wilsons of Kinver.

Please no more comments I got it wrong, my beef remains with Wilsons of Kinver not Kinver Canopies. Too many Kinvers......

;)

2 hours ago, Kinver Canopies said:

yep, or Kinver Canopies.

I worked as a freelance computer programmer for many years, designing and writing a lot of programs for user input along the way, but never heard of this acronym.

But I wish I had, it's a good one! I like to think I was good at my job, but there were always mediocre programmers out there. And it's the programmer's job to validate everything typed to try to ensure that the data that gets into the system is as clean as possible, but users will always find something daft to do that we haven't thought of. Worse problems arise when they won't listen to what they're told about looking after the hardware.

I digress. None of the various boats I've been on have had a stern canopy, but I can see the argument for them, especially when steering miles on a rainy day and my jacket is losing the battle against incoming water. There is of course an argument for sitting by a stove with a mug of tea and waiting for the worst of the rain to pass. And/or getting someone else, preferably wearing proper waterproofs, to steer for a while.

If you get up in the morning and its raining you stay tied up and sit in front of stove or go to pub.

If you set off and it starts raining you pull over and moor and go to pub or if not one near open bottle of beer.

If you set off and it starts raining and you are on a river or somewhere impossible to moor you get the wife to steer and go inside and have a beer.

• Haha 2

So for an amazing space, take:

• 1 crap hull
  • 1 crap interior
  • 1 crap engine
  • 1 crap superstructure

Add:

• a lot of effort (= 10 tv seconds)
  • a lot of money
  • a new / replacement engine

Mix gently over a low heat for 4 months, and you get:

• 1 crap boat
  • 5 mins TV time
  • 1 miss-informed public
  • 1 piece of crap housing

I thought I saw a piece of perspex being used as window glass. Was I wrong? Perhaps it was double glazing? 

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

If you get up in the morning and its raining you stay tied up and sit in front of stove or go to pub.

If you set off and it starts raining you pull over and moor and go to pub or if not one near open bottle of beer.

If you set off and it starts raining and you are on a river or somewhere impossible to moor you get the wife to steer and go inside and have a beer.

so Mrs Melly has a wife?  .............................................     the mind boggles.

1 hour ago, system 4-50 said:

So for an amazing space, take:

• 1 crap hull
  • 1 crap interior
  • 1 crap engine
  • 1 crap superstructure

Add:

• a lot of effort (= 10 tv seconds)
  • a lot of money
  • a new / replacement engine

Mix gently over a low heat for 4 months, and you get:

• 1 crap boat
  • 5 mins TV time
  • 1 miss-informed public
  • 1 piece of crap housing

I thought I saw a piece of perspex being used as window glass. Was I wrong? Perhaps it was double glazing? 

I also thought that was perspex going in the first window with no openers :huh:

8 hours ago, Kinver Canopies said:

yep, or Kinver Canopies.

I know a variation on that, PEBKAC, problem exists between keyboard and chair :)

Edited by cuthound
Spillung

1970's wooden top, paid £5k spent £20k+  Stupid young kids, as the boat may now be worth as much as £15-17k if that to another naive young couple.  George Clarke thinks it the dog's, however he's making a lot of money doing these TV programmes.  What a thick tattooed Brummy idiot, Obviously his idea not her's  total muppets. Anyone seen them since??

Get ready for the "New to Boaters" forum getting hammered with the 20 something's having the same idea as they've seen this programme and asking stupid questions. Thanks George Clarke. Makes me laugh as he keeps going on about Geordie's and he's in fact a "Mak'em" 

Edited by PD1964