George Clarke's amazing spaces.

Kinver Canopies

Featured Posts

Hi Guys

Just to let you know. George Clarkes amazing spaces broadcast tonight at 8pm on Channel 4 features a narrowboat that they asked us to fit a pram on. 

I'm not sure how the final boat ended up looking but when we did our bit  the boat  needed 'some' work to say the least.  

I twill be nice to see the finished project. And hopefully it could give all you re-fitters out there some ideas. 

Happy new year all,

love Kinver Canopies 

IMG_4052.JPG

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

You should all be arrested and clapped in irons for making such monstrosaties!! It should be an offence to have a pram hood.

Can't say i'm a fan of them myself, but I can see how they have their merits to some folk.

Last year I watched a chap struggling to put one up like a tent as it started raining, by the time he'd finished the rain had passed over, he then gave a colourful exclamation and started to take it down again. At least it gave us some amusement whilst eating our bacon butties :D

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

good use, but poor implementation. That's hardly keeping water off the rear mech and cassette of any of those bikes.

When I was a lad, they used to be called disraeli gears:)

Edited by rusty69
Perhaps thats a load of old Clapton

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I remember them - weren't they summat to do with Vicky ?

Alas, I am not as old as you,so wasn't a lad when Queen Vic  was on the throne!:)

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Disraeli is not a subject for discussion in an open forum - a PM is more appropriate.

:P

:clapping:

3 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

You should all be arrested and clapped in irons for making such monstrosaties!! It should be an offence to have a pram hood.

In your opinion:) 

Anyway, back on topic. 

Hope the REST of the boat may give you some ideas that don't invoke hours of ridiculous posts and general ridicule. But I suppose I knew it would happen, don't think I've ever seen a post on a forum that hasn't been subject to 'daytime drivel' ;) 

oh, now I'm in danger of sending us off topic again!

2 minutes ago, Kinver Canopies said:

In your opinion:) 

Anyway, back on topic. 

Hope the REST of the boat may give you some ideas that don't invoke hours of ridiculous posts and general ridicule. But I suppose I knew it would happen, don't think I've ever seen a post on a forum that hasn't been subject to 'daytime drivel' ;) 

oh, now I'm in danger of sending us off topic again!

Well, 1 out of the 5 in the photo is possibly worth a daytime dribble drivel over.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Oldboater said:

Hope it fits better than the cockpit cover fitted by Kinver Canopies predecessors (Wilsons). A cover which despite additional modifications by them, (and at my expense), continued to shrink and is now all but useless! :glare:

Wilsons (with quite a few different variations) and Kinver Canopies are two completely separate entities.

The KC guys have been producing very high quality cratch covers and other useful weather canopies (along with the Pram covers) for quite some years now.

• Greenie 4

1 minute ago, Oldboater said:

Hope it fits better than the cockpit cover fitted by Kinver Canopies predecessors (Wilsons). A cover which despite additional modifications by them, (and at my expense), continued to shrink and is now all but useless! :glare:

They were nothing to do with us, pointless post. Please see this post to correct yourself.

• Greenie 2
  • Happy 1