Kelvin J3 for sale with narrowboat attached... £50K offers considered.. (bit much for a J3, but the boat comes free)!!!

Peter & Maureen H

Featured Posts

Hi All,  We've been happily living on board Miss Heliotrope for the last eight years, but have decided to move to wobbly water, so need a boat with stick and rag.  Miss H has a 1946 J3 with diesel thermostart. Starts and runs well. Ideal Liveaboard, exceptionally large kitchen refit some 4 years ago, with full size oven and hob, solid Iroko worktops, craftsman made kitchen units, fridge, freezer, washing machine. Welsh dresser and dining table. Fitted double bed in 'Owners Cabin'. Cast Iron Edwardian duck egg blue roll top bath with shower over. 4 seater settee / double bed.  Kabola 'Old Dutch' diesel stove, Webasto diesel boiler feeding 4 radiators and calorifier )with immersion heater.) Sterling inverter/charger meets all power needs. 835AH deep cycle 6x2V traction batteries, 215A alternator, 750W solar with Outback mppt controller. 1996 62ft Colecraft hull, sound, but needs a lick of paint. New BSC from Jan 18. Pics to follow...

Edited by Peter & Maureen H
Add length, and further details.

• 1 month later...
On 08/01/2018 at 12:48, Peter & Maureen H said:

Hi All,  We've been happily living on board Miss Heliotrope for the last eight years, but have decided to move to wobbly water, so need a boat with stick and rag.  Miss H has a 1946 J3 with diesel thermostart. Starts and runs well. Ideal Liveaboard, exceptionally large kitchen refit some 4 years ago, with full size oven and hob, solid Iroko worktops, craftsman made kitchen units, fridge, freezer, washing machine. Welsh dresser and dining table. Fitted double bed in 'Owners Cabin'. Cast Iron Edwardian duck egg blue roll top bath with shower over. 4 seater settee / double bed.  Kabola 'Old Dutch' diesel stove, Webasto diesel boiler feeding 4 radiators and calorifier )with immersion heater.) Sterling inverter/charger meets all power needs. 835AH deep cycle 6x2V traction batteries, 215A alternator, 750W solar with Outback mppt controller. 1996 62ft Colecraft hull, sound, but needs a lick of paint. New BSC from Jan 18. Pics to follow...

Hi Peter, Is Miss Heliotrope still for sale?  I've only just seen your post (now 3rd March) but she looks like exactly the boat I am looking for!

24 minutes ago, Athy said:

You mentioned "pics to follow"; soon come?

^^^this^^^

No boat will ever sell on here without photos. I’m nit surprised it is still for sale even though it sounds like a cracking spec. Even I’m mildly tempted, but only mildly without the  pix. 

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

^^^this^^^

No boat will ever sell on here without photos. I’m nit surprised it is still for sale even though it sounds like a cracking spec. Even I’m mildly tempted, but only mildly without the  pix. 

It was just a gentle prod for Peter and Maureen, who had promised "pics to follow" on January 8th, but who have no doubt forgotten to add them

On 03/03/2018 at 21:13, Peter & Maureen H said:

Hi RovingRom, 

Thanks for your interest, she is still for sale, unfortunately we put her on brokerage only on Saturday! We have another interested party viewing on Tuesday.  She's going on Great Haywood boats sales site. Let me know if you want to view! 

Best regards, Peter H. 

Hi Peter, I think I might have been the other "interested party", but I've lost track of which day I visited with Liam......  Anyway, thank you for your hospitality, the information, and the very impressive flash and bang!  I was very tempted by Miss H, I loved the beautiful painted furniture in the galley and the robust and well thought out water, cooling and electrical installations.  The difficulty I have at 6ft 6ins plus in standing upright in the cabin and the lack of a trad boatman's cabin were slight drawbacks for me personally, but all told she is a superb boat.  I also seem to have misunderstood Liam on my departure as I understood the price to be much higher than the figure now shown on the Great Haywood website.

This is now academic as I have now put a deposit on the 70ft Colecraft JD3 at ABNB that I mentioned when I visited.  Good luck with the sale and enjoy your retirement to bumpy waters!

Colin

On 04/03/2018 at 09:56, Athy said:

It was just a gentle prod for Peter and Maureen, who had promised "pics to follow" on January 8th, but who have no doubt forgotten to add them

30 pics now on the Great Haywood website and the boat was also on the Apollo yesterday.