Finally -Success

Dartagnan

Featured Posts

The ‘journey’ may have taken over 5 years but we are now the proud owners of a NB.

Nellie No1 is a 70’ Trad by the Warwickshire Fly Boat Company with a Gardner 3L2 engine.

it will be a fortnight before we get onboard but I am truly looking forward to the next stage.

• Happy 3

Yippee! 

Correct choice of engine too (well, I would say that). Have fun with your engine and with the craft which surrounds it.

Wasn't this boat advertised or mentioned on the forum a couple of weeks ago?

45 minutes ago, Athy said:

Yippee! 

Correct choice of engine too (well, I would say that). Have fun with your engine and with the craft which surrounds it.

Wasn't this boat advertised or mentioned on the forum a couple of weeks ago?

It was on here in the ‘for sale’ section where I first saw mention of her.

40 minutes ago, Boredrider said:

Congratulations!  http://gardnerengineforum.co.uk/ ????

Yes the engine is 2 years younger than my elderly father.  I intend joining as having seen one in the flesh I’m hooked.

Here is a quirk,  I have a dreadful memory but I seem to recall a magazine article featuring ‘eclipse 2’ which was a Hudson with a Gardner LW engine.  Would you be the (polishing) star of that article.  If so it’s spooky how I can remember that whilst forgetting lots of other things.

9 minutes ago, kawaton said:

That’s the one lol

9 minutes ago, Dartagnan said:

Here is a quirk,  I have a dreadful memory but I seem to recall a magazine article featuring ‘eclipse 2’ which was a Hudson with a Gardner LW engine.  Would you be the (polishing) star of that article.  If so it’s spooky how I can remember that whilst forgetting lots of other things.

Spooky indeed! That's our boat and yes I'm still polishing. Article was by previous owner - and the gist of it was that you'll never loose money on a boat if you keep it polished............

1 minute ago, Boredrider said:

Spooky indeed! That's our boat and yes I'm still polishing. Article was by previous owner - and the gist of it was that you'll never loose money on a boat if you keep it polished............

Absolutely correct and nothing wrong with having some pride in ones possessions lol

1 hour ago, Dartagnan said:

Absolutely correct and nothing wrong with having some pride in ones possessions lol

Ive never polished any of my boats and sold all bar one at more than I paid for it :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...