led bulbs

Featured Posts

23 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Do you mean good that they're all still working or good that the ones that have blown so far haven't set fire to your boat? :giggles:

Do Bedazzled make their own stuff or is it from China where 99.9 percent of all other stuff is from? Me thinks its from china with better marketing and shiny boxes :D

7 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Do Bedazzled make their own stuff or is it from China where 99.9 percent of all other stuff is from? Me thinks its from china with better marketing and shiny boxes :D

China has different quality standards, but their loose legislation allows them to produce and sell some spectacularly dangerous items. And early experiment with eBay LED's gave me a mixture of hot running, low output and flickering, the bulbs from Bedazzled have been a better investment for me. 

7 minutes ago, BWM said:

China has different quality standards, but their loose legislation allows them to produce and sell some spectacularly dangerous items. And early experiment with eBay LED's gave me a mixture of hot running, low output and flickering, the bulbs from Bedazzled have been a better investment for me. 

But there is ebay and EBAY there are many many suppliers on ebay from downright crap to very very good. Bedazzled may well be good Chinese stuff but there are many other suppliers of good chinese stuff out there including Limekiln chandlers for one. I sometimes through life buy the most expensive but its not often the best course. One electrical gizmo manufacturer that is the most expensive but is also definitely of the best quality is mastervolt but I reckon if buying today fom them its probably been put together by somebody in China!!

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

One electrical gizmo manufacturer that is the most expensive but is also definitely of the best quality is mastervolt but I reckon if buying today fom them its probably been put together by somebody in China!!

Not just today, but yesterday too, and Victron have their kit built in India.  In both cases, a very tight spec and qood quality control is probably the difference. 

Temporary state of affairs though, because China are probably as capable of copying effective QC when they see a need as they are at copying ideas and tech. Oh-oh! Remember when the British Motorcycle industry called Honda et al "Jap Crap"? 

• Greenie 1

36 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

You make an interesting point; I wonder what actually is the difference in quality. I have both Bedazzled and ebay cheepos currently and both perform equally well. Whether one type out-lasts the other or is inherently safer remains unknown.

I bought similar to these from ebay (1.5w version) Run cool and no obvious reaction to voltage fluctuation between 10v (before I changed the leisure batteries) and 14v-ish when engine running.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5Pcs-DC-12V-2W-G4-1505COB-LED-Corn-Light-Bulb-1LED-Silicone-Lamp-Neutral-White/122771072711?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D49131%26meid%3D87f4297de0484f58bcb8a2ae50c45663%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D122634563406&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

They have only had about 200 hours use though so cannot make any grand claims.

Have used a variety of sources some good some not so good. Bedazzled have done the research for me and the ones they provided are all good. Happy to add my recommendation for Bedazzled, Will use them again if needs be as it takes away the Ebay gamble element.

I believe the chandlers at Braunstone locks sell Bedazzled leds

Edited by reg

On 12/30/2017 at 09:06, alan_fincher said:

I have also used UltraLEDs for 3 different boats.

All 100% reliable, and good they say for 8V to 30V.

Any problems with interference with your DAB radios?

(Have you discovered those yet? :giggles: )

12 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

One of my cheap eBay lights can interfere with the DAB radio, the Bedazzled leds don't interfere. 

15 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

My Bedazzled ones dont affect my telly. They dont affect the Ecofan either.

No effect on my DAB radio - but that is in the car and not near the boat!:P

16 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I have one in my car, but have no desire to have a radio or TV on the boat.

Several other people have spoken out in favour of UltraLEDs offerings, so perhaps some of them can answer the question.

As I have said previously I have laid a Bedazzled light alongside an UltraLEDs one, and the componentry looked identical.  That doesn't mean they are identical, but if one didn't interfere with radios, I can't particularly see why the other should.

You could of course buy one as a sample, knowing that if you do every future purchase could be at half Bedazzled prices.  If it isn't for you, you will only have wasted half the cost of a Bedazzled supplied one.

I suspect other suppliers cheaper than UltraLEDs would probably be fine too, I simply decided to try the middle ground and it has worked for us.

All our G4 LEDs came from Clas Ohlson. I'd buy some from UltraLEDs originally (9 years ago) but after a warranty issue swore never to deal with them again. There is no interference with our DAB radio (Pioneer Car Radio with external antenna) nor do they interfere with my wife's Roberts Sports DAB portable. (Although she always knows when the solar panels gave started charging) 

We have 2 wall lights that use GU10 LEDs that I sourced from Puffer parts. They don't interfere with DAB but do with FM. 

Edited by pearley

Hmmm I can't connect to UltraLEDs.co.uk Is that the right site address?

I'm getting 

This site can’t provide a secure connection

www.ultraleds.co.uk uses an unsupported protocol.

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Hide details

The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite. This is likely to be caused when the server needs RC4, which is no longer considered secure.

3 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I'm getting 

Hide details

The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite. This is likely to be caused when the server needs RC4, which is no longer considered secure.

I seem to be fine with the following https URL......

https://www.ultraleds.co.uk

46 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I'm getting 

Hide details

It is probably because your Smartgauges are out of calibration. :P

I have to say that if the much lauded Bedazzled LEDs are capable of damaging DAB radio receptiom in low signal areas, I'd be quite surprised if the same were not true of UltraLEDs ones.

I'm kind of expecting that what is true of one is also true of the other, (other than the pricing, of course).

3 minutes ago, cuthound said:

It is probably because your Smartgauges are out of calibration. :P

Or that his Bedazzled supplied lights are interfering with his Internet connection.....

(.... or both, of course!).

14 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

DAB radios do not use the internet for their signal. It's good old fachioned radio

The reference was to you getting odd results when trying to access UltraLEDs web-site, not to turning on your radio, though.....