Excalibur No.1 sunk.

Rickent

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Richard T said:

This boat has been successfuly refloated. There was nobody around to ask when it was done. Hopefully it will dry out without too much damage being done.

Unfortunately, the colour of the Soar for the last 10 days has been brown to very brown, I cant see anything other than a complete refit. The engine may be salvagable , thats about it. Marque narrowboats were using rockwool insulation at that time.

4 hours ago, jddevel said:

What a sad situation and I hope the owner successfully sorts it. What a way to start the year!!!!  But on a lighter note it reminds me of a holiday myself and 5 other teenagers enjoyed in the early sixties on the broads when after a splendid evening visiting the local hostelries in - can`t remember whether Lowestoft or Great Yarmouth- we retired but were awoken during the night by one of the lads disturbed by the angle of the boat. We had moored to tight and the water level had fallen. We were nearly suspended in the air!!!!! 

It would be Gt Yarmouth

4 hours ago, matty40s said:

Unfortunately, the colour of the Soar for the last 10 days has been brown to very brown, I cant see anything other than a complete refit. The engine may be salvagable , thats about it. Marque narrowboats were using rockwool insulation at that time.

What year is it then?

• 2 weeks later...

Another boat down on the moorings above Cossington Lock.

Excalibers owners had been down south on the Thames over the Summer and arranged a Winter mooring at Pillings Lock Marina. When they arrived late Autumn, they were told that there wasn't a space available any more. The owners then had to take the nearest mooring opportunity which was CRT winter mooring above Barrow Deep. The boats engine is now back up and running so it can be moved and stripped out.

20180113_115835.jpg

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

On 28/12/2017 at 11:24, matty40s said:

I remember being there with Kiwidad and Ally in 2012, we had to get the poles strapped to the sides to keep us off the towpath when it rose 3 feet in 2 hours.

Fun times! Mind you we still got to the pub for pie night

29 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

That  is a sad tale. Owners had made sensible plans for their boat over the winter and it appears they were let down by the marina?  I am surprised that such a well run marina with such standing with CART has allowed this to happen.

:D

5 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

That  is a sad tale. Owners had made sensible plans for their boat over the winter and it appears they were let down by the marina?  I am surprised that such a well run marina with such standing with CART has allowed this to happen.

You are a naughty boy!

23 minutes ago, harrybsmith said:

Did anyone have the owners contact details? Looks like there potentially could have been another incident with it.

What sort of incident?

7 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

You are a naughty boy!

I actually thought he was the messiah.