New stove, cold feet warm head.

Robbo

Featured Posts

I’ve just fitted a stove on my boat the I’m refitting, I was using a paraffin heater, one of the modern ones that blows the air around.   

I now have the problem that most people have is that the ceiling is nice and warm and my feet are not.   Now I don’t really like to be hot headed!  

I’m looking to put fans in the wall partitions, to bring air down from the ceiling and expel at floor level. Has any one got any other ideas?

34 minutes ago, Robbo said:

I’ve just fitted a stove on my boat the I’m refitting, I was using a paraffin heater, one of the modern ones that blows the air around.   

I now have the problem that most people have is that the ceiling is nice and warm and my feet are not.   Now I don’t really like to be hot headed!  

I’m looking to put fans in the wall partitions, to bring air down from the ceiling and expel at floor level. Has any one got any other ideas?

Get an ecofan

• Love 1
  • Horror 2

Look at 'thermoelectric generators' - these generally have a 5v USB outlet an some even have a built in fan for air-circulation.

Attach to the side of your fire and plug in the fan

My USB 7" fan draws 500mA (2.5w) and creates a noticeable 'draft' that can be felt many feet away. The fan was £4 from a upmarket 'pound shop'

Can also be run via a USB/cigarette lighter socket, or plugged into a PC

Mine is 'the same' but colour Red. This one is on EPay at £4.99 with Free p&p

9229f204d60833c5.jpg

1 minute ago, cereal tiller said:

It can be Rotated by Hand ,if there is nothin on the Telly worth Watching:D Most Fans Rotate 360 Degrees?

I was more intruiged in a Pound shop selling something for four quid ;)

2 hours ago, Jess-- said:

Dare I suggest an ecofan?

might just mix the air up enough to warm your feet up

I was thinking about an ecofan but more of a feature on the stove thing.   I’m looking at this one due to its Art Deco rear end and ships prop look alike https://stovefanreviews.com/product/phoenix-mini-4-blade-4185/.   My stove top is fairly small so can’t do a big one!

1 hour ago, Meanderingviking said:

Another vote for an Ecofan, other makes are available! Our first one packed up and we really noticed the difference, hence getting a replacement sharpish.

:lol: Dont, dont.....pleeeese give up you are killing me............:lol: Did you buy the matching chocolate fireguard? :giggles:

• Greenie 2

I am currently without a sofa so sitting on cushions on the floor, (new carpets and vinyl coming Thursday, sofa coming early January).

i have an ecofan which wizzed round in a blur and it makes no difference. Cold on the floor, hot at the ceiling :(

Edited by Richard10002
  • Greenie 1

9 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

:lol: Dont, dont.....pleeeese give up you are killing me............:lol: Did you buy the matching chocolate fireguard? :giggles:

Ha ha oh ye of little faith! :P

6 minutes ago, peterboat said:

The bathtub when refitted will have underfloor heating to remedy this problem just starting to fit the pipework and insulation prior to the new floor

I’m looking at UFH as well.  Would be interested to know what system you went for.

2 minutes ago, Robbo said:

I’m looking at UFH as well.  Would be interested to know what system you went for.

I have laid a water pipe under the floor with insulation below it, I have a whispergen and a solid fuel backboilered cooker to heat it. I will have two rads and the cauliflower in the system as well. The whispergen requires 5KW of heat removal equipment to allow it to work properly

10 minutes ago, peterboat said:

I have laid a water pipe under the floor with insulation below it, I have a whispergen and a solid fuel backboilered cooker to heat it. I will have two rads and the cauliflower in the system as well. The whispergen requires 5KW of heat removal equipment to allow it to work properly

I was looking at the stove to heat, as well as a diesel fired boiler, so similar to your setup.  Did you go for a standard UFH manifold? Ie. a seperate circulation pump for the UFH and mixing valve?

56 minutes ago, Robbo said:

I was thinking about an ecofan but more of a feature on the stove thing.   I’m looking at this one due to its Art Deco rear end and ships prop look alike https://stovefanreviews.com/product/phoenix-mini-4-blade-4185/.   My stove top is fairly small so can’t do a big one!

Although I’ve just seen these... https://www.warpfivefans.com/webcontent/stove-fan-small