Think I've broken my Smartgauge

Wrinkley

Featured Posts

Well, I think I've broken my Smartgauge.  I fitted this unit together with the Advanced Smartbank in 2010 and it has worked wonderfully.  I've gone into menus and adjusted things to suit my changing requirements until today.  Tried to get into the setup menu and the until locked up, could not change the display from 'state of charge' to anything else.  Did the factory reset and until appeared to work fine, all be it with the default settings which do not fit my needs.  Yet when I tried to gain access to the setup menu it locked up again.  I have repeated this now five or six times leaving it may be half an hour between each reset.  So its Saturday and Merlin are closed till Monday what do, I do apart from wait.  Any advice would be most welcome.

Graham

Yep, pulled the fuses and left it half an hour or so five or six times.   This is how you do a factory reset (no mention of time to leave disconnected, just me giving it a rest). The fuses are now out and I'll try again in the morning.  I wounder if I have some how accessed a 'secret' set up and now can't get out

26 minutes ago, Wrinkley said:

Yep, pulled the fuses and left it half an hour or so five or six times.   This is how you do a factory reset (no mention of time to leave disconnected, just me giving it a rest). The fuses are now out and I'll try again in the morning.  I wounder if I have some how accessed a 'secret' set up and now can't get out

Not quite

Here is what you need to do in order to do a full reset on SmartGauge.
1. Disconnect the power feed to SmartGauge (maybe just pull the fuses out – you did fit them didn’t
you?).
2. Press both the Volts and Status buttons and keep them pressed.
3. Reapply power, still keeping the buttons pressed.
4. SmartGauge will display the software revision as usual. Keep the buttons pressed.
5. SmartGauge will display the battery model revision as usual. Keep the buttons pressed.
6. The display will go blank.
7. Remove your fingers from the buttons.
8. SmartGauge will flash “Fr” (Factory reset).
9. SmartGauge will completely reset its internals to the factory defaults.
SmartGauge will now operate exactly like a new unit on first power up beginning by displaying the
software revision.
NOTE – If the set-up menu lock had been set prior to this, then attempting to perform a “reset to factory
defaults” will not do so on the first attempt. It will simply disable the menu lock. A second attempt will
perform the reset to factory defaults.

On 17/12/2017 at 09:02, cereal tiller said:

Loads have been sold ,probably Thousands ,(and 2 Moody ones for MtB).

Wrong.

Out of a sample of about 20 owned by members on here who have actually checked the calibration of theirs, five have been found to be faulty. 

That's one in four, straight from the box. 

• Angry 2