Messing with the polis

GUMPY

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Athy said:

Superb stunt driving - was it some sort of exhibition?

It reminds me slightly of the days when we used to encounter CanalTime boats on the canals.

as far as I know it was a genuine chase by the Swedish Polis trying to catch a drunk driver........

4 minutes ago, Loddon said:

as far as I know it was a genuine chase by the Swedish Polis trying to catch a drunk driver........

Geesh, he drove as well as that when he was sloshed? He must be exciting to ride with on the way home from the pub.

(I assume it's a "he", as of course ladies would never act so irresponsibly).

55 minutes ago, Athy said:

Geesh, he drove as well as that when he was sloshed? He must be exciting to ride with on the way home from the pub.

(I assume it's a "he", as of course ladies would never act so irresponsibly).

I don't think anyone would do that on a boat unless they were drunk!

3 hours ago, Laurie.Booth said:

Rare footage from the BCN challenge.

:)

Top of the Garrison, Tawny Owl vs The Cat...

We won, then locked them down the flight

Richard

Those Polis boats are powerful!

Edited by RLWP
  • Happy 1

Have to say the Police didn't give much thought to how they were going to stop them. For my money, trail a long rope behind the police boats and cut across the bow of the stolen boat letting him then run over the line should work. It looked as though they just chased them until they ran out of fuel. Alternatively they could travel in front of them throwing out plastic bags and saris (that seems to work on the BCN!:rolleyes:)

4 minutes ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

Have to say the Police didn't give much thought to how they were going to stop them. For my money, trail a long rope behind the police boats and cut across the bow of the stolen boat letting him then run over the line should work. It looked as though they just chased them until they ran out of fuel. Alternatively they could travel in front of them throwing out plastic bags and saris (that seems to work on the BCN!:rolleyes:)

They have the same problem UK police have in car chases. It's damn poor form to kill the person you are pursuing, so running them down is right out.

Richard

3 minutes ago, RLWP said:

They have the same problem UK police have in car chases. It's damn poor form to kill the person you are pursuing, so running them down is right out.

Richard

Oh I don't know, we had a similar idea to the above called a Stinger, although a bit risky to have to throw out, but having 4 flat tyres (or on some occasions driving on wheel rims) made driving like a prat a lot less attractive:rolleyes:

Edited by Wanderer Vagabond

On 16/12/2017 at 23:45, bizzard said:

Getting away from a Wolseley 6/80 is pretty easy.

The local fuzz around my way drive Triumph 2.5 PIs these days. Or they did last time I was stopped for being young and having long hair.

White cars with a blue light on top and a big red stripe along the side. Known locally as 'jam sandwiches'.

Edited by Mike the Boilerman
Edit to add a missing character

4 headlights on the front and a blue flasher on the roof you couldn't outrun them 2.5 Pis. There are loads of non plod 2000 and 2.5 in rural Victoria, but strangely non of the real fearmaster jam sandwiches the dreaded 3.5 sdi rover.

if you got one of them in the mirrors it was hang a left abandon MG and go and report it joyridden ( again) and then have phone in the anonymous tip from the phone box so they would find it for you.... happy days and the statute of limitations has gone

On 17/12/2017 at 09:30, roland elsdon said:

the real fearmaster jam sandwiches the dreaded 3.5 sdi rover.

My father in law had one of these back in the day.

Blisteringly fast in a straight line (much quicker than my 1300GT-engined Mini) but rolled about even worse than Sickle!

Edit to add:

Oops I was confusing the SDi with the P6. It was a P6 F-i-L had. A few P6 V8s were run by the local fuzz in jam sandwhich format too. 

41-300x202.jpg

Some great classic Police car pics on this site:

https://www.lancasterinsurance.co.uk/news/2016/august/11/classic-police-cars-through-the-decades/

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

And in the late 60s the local plods had Angleboxes or Morris Doriss, all painted white and blue lettering. Local CID had Hillman Minx. An 848cc Mini could outrun all of them as long as you had decent tyres, Pirelli Cinturato I seem to remember.

Mike

3 minutes ago, The Ents said:

And in the late 60s the local plods had Angleboxes or Morris Doriss, all painted white and blue lettering. Local CID had Hillman Minx. An 848cc Mini could outrun all of them as long as you had decent tyres, Pirelli Cinturato I seem to remember.

Mike

Our local CID had an Austin A35 Countryman ,not very Rapid with 4 Burly Detectives in it!

1 hour ago, roland elsdon said:

4 headlights on the front and a blue flasher on the roof you couldn't outrun them 2.5 Pis. There are loads of non plod 2000 and 2.5 in rural Victoria, but strangely non of the real fearmaster jam sandwiches the dreaded 3.5 sdi rover.

if you got one of them in the mirrors it was hang a left abandon MG and go and report it joyridden ( again) and then have phone in the anonymous tip from the phone box so they would find it for you.... happy days and the statute of limitations has gone

A blue flasher on the roof,must have been a very cold day...