Announcements replies

Featured Posts

10 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Didnt you see the thread the other day from the Mods saying certain priviledges will be restricted to various groups? Full access to to the Announcements thread will only be available to those who believe in Ecofans. The unbelievers will not have any rights to reply to this topic. Watch out this is just the beginning.

I believe in Eeekofans , I believe they Rotate , I know a Fact that they do Sodall ,do I qualify? 

Edited by cereal tiller

5 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Not popular enough.

You need 500+ greenies to be able to reply, you will note that both yourself and Mac are below this magic number.

I only need 2 more greenies and then I too will be able to reply to this post... :giggles:

• Greenie 2

1 hour ago, cuthound said:

I only need 2 more greenies and then I too will be able to reply to this post... :giggles:

But, But, But  its not this thread that's the problem (as can be seen by the fact you have posted).

Now try & post in the 'inner-clique' thread in Announcements.

Edit :

You should be OK now you are a '500 member'

1 minute ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

This thread has become very confusing.  All the posts with votes have floated to the top like froth!   (or scum)

May we compromise on "flotsam"?

I guess that we are finding out how the technology works as we go along.

5 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Didnt you see the thread the other day from the Mods saying certain priviledges will be restricted to various groups? Full access to to the Announcements thread will only be available to those who believe in Ecofans. The unbelievers will not have any rights to reply to this topic. Watch out this is just the beginning.

I remind you again, I have THREE Ecofans! One real one on my stove and two fictitious ones on my fridge and galley counter top respectively! Harumph! :angry:

• Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I remind you again, I have THREE Ecofans! One real one on my stove and two fictitious ones on my fridge and galley counter top respectively! Harumph! :angry:

And I have a pseudoecofan whirring behind me as I write!  Which absolutely proves the opposite of Dr Bob's thesis, and that our exclusion is an anti-ecofan conspiracy!

8 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

And I have a pseudoecofan whirring behind me as I write!  Which absolutely proves the opposite of Dr Bob's thesis, and that our exclusion is an anti-ecofan conspiracy!

My thesis was not on Whirring Pseudoecofans. It was on Hindsight and the bleeding obvious.

5 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

As you all know, I am a secret mod here. And I've set the 'freeloaders' thread so freeloaders cannot reply to it, but proper boaters can. 

Hope that helps.

But you're the freeloader, because you haven't got a star, and Sea Dog and I both have!  Divisive, moi?

Anyhoo, I've just found I can't reply to ANY topics in 'Announcements', although I could previously, as mine is the last post in the 'Theme Change' thread.   I dunno, yer pays yer money, and yer locked out.

5 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

On 16/12/2017 at 17:27, Athy said:

I've spotted your deliberate mistake. What do I win?

Please don't say "a pint of Doombar". (the second prize is two pints of Doombar).

Given your reprehensible attitude to a very fine ale your prize is NO pints of Doombar. 

I had a pint of Gales HSB in The Bull at Sonning the other night after bellringing. What a let down. ISTR it was a fine pint of pint, back in the day. Or perhaps my pallet is improving lol! 

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Given your reprehensible attitude to a very fine ale your prize is NO pints of Doombar. 

I had a pint of Gales HSB in The Bull at Sonning the other night after bellringing. What a let down. ISTR it was a fine pint of pint, back in the day. Or perhaps my pallet is improving lol! 

You could invest in a small table, then you wouldn't need to put your glass down on a pallet.

I tried a pint of Doombar about 2 years ago. It tasted of nothing at all. About a year later I thought "Nah, I must have been unlucky" an dtried another pint of it in a different pub. It tasted of nothing at all.

I sometimes drank HSB in the 1980s and it was nothing but fine: High Speed Bitter, I called it. Perhaps Gale's have been taken over by Interslop or another of those faceless corporations.