Announcements replies

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Can I ask how people are able to reply to Goliath's 'Freeloaders' topic in Announcements?   I see no way of replying, no quote button or reply box.  Tried on laptop and tablet, using IE and Chrome.  Is it only possible to reply using the mobile version?

It seems to have been replyed to. ?

Edited by Goliath
Replied

13 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I can't post in that thread either. No 'quote' button is visible either. Other threads unaffected - like this one, for example!

I've just had another look, and the "quote" button is indeed present. It must be a fault on your computer.

3 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Not popular enough.

You need 500+ greenies to be able to reply, you will note that both yourself and Mac are below this magic number.

Yeah, you might be right - I feel a bit inadequate. Dr Bob got through with fewer too, so that really rubs it in! :(

• Greenie 2

10 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Working on mine. Reply, quote etc. Just can't be bothered to reply. There will only be one thing to watch that weekend if Liverpool get to the cup final.

Oh no, you have just become my arch nemesis.

How could you support Southamptons b team. 

No a different note. There's no chance of us being in the final so at least I can attend the wedding.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Athy said:

I've just had another look, and the "quote" button is indeed present. It must be a fault on your computer.

What, on both of mine, and sea dog's as well?  And everything but 'Announcements' is unaffected?  I think we need to get Sherlock Rich onto this.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Yeah, you might be right - I feel a bit inadequate. Dr Bob got through with fewer too, so that really rubs it in! :(

It might be down to how many ducks you own?

1 hour ago, thebfg said:

Oh no, you have just become my arch nemesis.

How could you support Southamptons b team. 

No a different note. There's no chance of us being in the final so at least I can attend the wedding.

....and will Van Dyke be the next one? Somehow I cant see Liverpool getting there either...... I think they will focus on Europe and go out to Everton in the 3rd round.

5 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

What, on both of mine, and sea dog's as well?  And everything but 'Announcements' is unaffected?  I think we need to get Sherlock Rich onto this.

As you'll be aware, I am a non-geeky zone; but I would guess that the type or make of computer, or the working system which powers it, may be a factor. Mine is an Optiplex 780, so its badge tells me, and it works off Windows 10.

4 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

It might be down to how many ducks you own?

....and will Van Dyke be the next one? Somehow I cant see Liverpool getting there either...... I think they will focus on Europe and go out to Everton in the 3rd round.

Duck Van Dyke?

Only Mary Poppins owns his arse

Edited by rusty69

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Dr's are exempt - like parking on yellow lines.

I dont know about double yellow lines but what are the lines with arrows and '0's on the left of the frame in this thread. This place is going to the dogs!

Just now, rusty69 said:

Duck Van Dyke?

Only Mary Poppins owns his ass

No, dogs not ducks

1 minute ago, rusty69 said:

Only Mary Poppins owns his ass

Mary will probably let him go for £50M

1 minute ago, Dr Bob said:

I dont know about double yellow lines but what are the lines with arrows and '0's on the left of the frame in this thread. This place is going to the dogs!

No, dogs not ducks

The continuing stoooory of the quack thats gone to the dogs

8 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

I don't know about double yellow lines but what are the lines with arrows and '0's on the left of the frame in this thread. 

They are being "trialled" (awful Americanism meaning "tried out") in the Technical Support section of the forum only. If you think that an answer is especially helpful or illuminating, you can give it a vote. I suspect, though I do not know for sure, that this is to help the person who asked a question to find useful answers to it quickly. As an example only, I have given you a vote.

Edited by Athy

2 minutes ago, Athy said:

They are being "trialled" (awful Americanism meaning "tried out") in the Technical Support section of the forum only. If you think that an answer is especially helpful or illuminating, you can give it a vote. I suspect, though I do not know for sure, that this is to help the person who asked a question to find useful answers to it quickly.

And you will note that none of the answers to my query have any votes at all!

24 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Same with me - the whole site works as normal except for this particular thread. However, I'm neither a luddite nor do I have a closed mind to reasonable suggestions, so I'm off out to buy a duck!

9 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

And you will note that none of the answers to my query have any votes at all!

They do now! ;)

• Greenie 1

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Same with me - the whole site works as normal except for this particular thread. However, I'm neither a luddite nor do I have a closed mind to reasonable suggestions, so I'm off out to buy a duck!

Didnt you see the thread the other day from the Mods saying certain priviledges will be restricted to various groups? Full access to to the Announcements thread will only be available to those who believe in Ecofans. The unbelievers will not have any rights to reply to this topic. Watch out this is just the beginning.

1 minute ago, Dr Bob said:

Didnt you see the thread the other day from the Mods saying certain priviledges will be restricted to various groups? Full access to to the Announcements thread will only be available to those who believe in Ecofans. 

Do they have their own fan club?

24 minutes ago, Athy said:

They are being "trialled" (awful Americanism meaning "tried out") in the Technical Support section of the forum only. If you think that an answer is especially helpful or illuminating, you can give it a vote. I suspect, though I do not know for sure, that this is to help the person who asked a question to find useful answers to it quickly. As an example only, I have given you a vote.

Without wanting to derail this thread (Oh yes I do!), isnt this a bit daft? We already have a 'vote' in the form of a greenie. The new 'vote button' on the left will be used if a post is 'especially helpful, illuminating or funny' so I guess the funny posts will get all the votes. It is interesting then the ones with the most votes can be displayed at the top - so you will then go to the bottom to find the interesting ones as all the funny ones will be at the top.

5 minutes ago, Athy said:

Do they have their own fan club?

I'm not sure we have enough members.