Princess 37 & 33

Stevie101

Featured Posts

Hi I've got a Princess 37 but can't find a decent owner group for it so have started my own Facebook page the 'Princess 37 & 33 owners club"
I would like to get a list of owners to share tips and stories about ownership of these great boats.
So if your interested just search for us on Facebook 

1 hour ago, Stevie101 said:

Hi I've got a Princess 37 but can't find a decent owner group for it so have started my own Facebook page the 'Princess 37 & 33 owners club"
I would like to get a list of owners to share tips and stories about ownership of these great boats.
So if your interested just search for us on Facebook 

The canals are not known for (any) quantities of Princess boats...

You may have a bit more luck if you posted on the YBW forums, such as the Thames forum.

Hi Old  goat,

Yes they are more known for  river and coastal but there are 4 of us with 33s or 37s just at our boat club (South Yorkshire Boat Club) on the Aire & Calder canal so it was just to try and reach as many as possible of these great boats.

sorry if it's not aloud mentioning a Facebook page but I didn't know, I will also put it on the Thames page after I google it.

Hi Naughty Cal,

we bought her from Newark marina where she had been moored for a couple of years.

Thanks very much for passing on the info, it's funny you have posted because I've read your blog about your adventures lol your famous.

Steve

On 15/12/2017 at 18:11, Stevie101 said:

Hi Naughty Cal,

we bought her from Newark marina where she had been moored for a couple of years.

Thanks very much for passing on the info, it's funny you have posted because I've read your blog about your adventures lol your famous.

Steve

A Princess called Sea Witch used to be moored opposite my boat at Farndon Marina . Its owners  relocated  to Kings Marina , Newark for easier access to the town , and no doubt also for cheaper mooring. If its the same boat the transom had been modified - a gate cut into the GRP , which was done at Newark Marina.

• 4 months later...

Hi all I have just bought a 1979 princess 37 with 180 engines based at HCA grimsby. Always been a stick and rag man so new to motor boating. Would be good to get some info on traveling along the trent and ouse, all my experience has been offshore/coastal. Cheers Steve

1 hour ago, Bilgesailing said:

Hi all I have just bought a 1979 princess 37 with 180 engines based at HCA grimsby. Always been a stick and rag man so new to motor boating. Would be good to get some info on traveling along the trent and ouse, all my experience has been offshore/coastal. Cheers Steve

I suggest you start with the  Ouse and Trent  charts - which are essential. 

http://www.kildalemarine.co.uk/product/the-boating-association-trent-chart-no.2-tidal

http://www.kildalemarine.co.uk/product/the-boating-association-ouse-chart

For the Humber you may already have been directed to the ABP website which includes all of the up to date Humber charts and buoy positions

http://www.humber.com/Estuary_Information/Navigating_the_Estuary/Chart_Viewer/

I work with the following figures 

HW Cromwell is Hull HW +5hrs

HW Torksey is Hull HW +3hrs15min, 

HW West Stockwith is Hull HW +2hr15min

.......but the following charts may well be more accurate

tidaltrent.jpg

http://www.chesterfield-canal-trust.org.uk/on-the-water/navigation/navigating-the-tidal-river-trent/

For the Ouse I have less experience so will let others advise

Happy passage planning .

I don't think the Princess will be very fast with 180's

Edited by MartynG

On 15/12/2017 at 18:11, Stevie101 said:

Hi Naughty Cal,

Steve

Or is that infamous (Sorry Rachael)

Phil