Brotherly Love?

lampini

Featured Posts

Amazing! 8:30 at night - strange glugging sounds, loud cracking noise from the thick ice surrounding our boat and an uncomfortable pitching and swaying.  Out of the darkness, at full pelt comes the ironically named 'Brotherly Love' When I realised what the commotion was I leaned out the side hatch to ask him to slow down- only to receive a hurl of abuse about how he'd run out of water and I could fxxk off. Drunk as a skunk he backed up to offer further flowery threats, fisticuffs and continued his tirade. After I declined the offer he steamed off again, still ranting loudly, into the night. As I said, amazing...

True 'nuff! 

He didn't chug very far - he musta moored up at bridge 5 cos he walked the 1/4 mile back down Marston lane, over the locked gate and down the private track to our boat. 

Banged on the roof and tried to get my very peaceful OH to fight him! I called the police and they're sending someone out - blimey - wot a nutter!

still shaking....

12 minutes ago, lampini said:

True 'nuff! 

He didn't chug very far - he musta moored up at bridge 5 cos he walked the 1/4 mile back down Marston lane, over the locked gate and down the private track to our boat. 

Banged on the roof and tried to get my very peaceful OH to fight him! I called the police and they're sending someone out - blimey - wot a nutter!

still shaking....

Hope its quiet there for you now. Your OH did right thing, going out to confront could have ended in tears. Hope the police take this seriously and take appropriate  action.

Ian.

38 minutes ago, ianali said:

Hope its quiet there for you now. Your OH did right thing, going out to confront could have ended in tears. Hope the police take this seriously and take appropriate  action.

Ian.

All quiet now.. will follow it up with the old bill tomorrow. OH did go out; but was trying to talk him down, I was at the stern with the tiller arm in my hand.. wot on earth I thort I was gonna do with it I dunno! Jeez... poor OH has to b up for work tomorrow... this guy has a mooring up a few bridges so I'll make sure the cops know that. Still can't get over it.. all Jon did was open the hatch and shout "oy"! He doesn't want to leave me here alone here tomorrow now..

:-(

Have chased it with the Cops, going in to make a statement tomorrow- good cos I have the flu as well and I may feel better by then! 

Should I also report it to C&RT? Opinions? 

Feel like crap, neither of us got much sleep last night... 

Know how you feel, he passed us at a rate through the ice near Hawkesbury Junction, we're moored before the moorings and near the bend. Unfortunately his boat got stuck in an ice 'groove' and he had to reverse (the groove was made in the ice a day or so ago by another boat) - after several goes of 'reverse and forward' he past us. About 20 mins later (obvious he turned around at the Junction) he returned. The time he past first time was about 7:30 ish we think.

Hope you're both ok. My OH was looking at him out of the window, but he didn't look in our direction. We thought it was Brotherly Love as it's long and its got half doz solar panels, we couldn't see the name in the dark.

1 hour ago, lampini said:

Have chased it with the Cops, going in to make a statement tomorrow- good cos I have the flu as well and I may feel better by then! 

Should I also report it to C&RT? Opinions? 

Feel like crap, neither of us got much sleep last night... 

Can't see what CRT will do, but it may help letting them know,it may help to build a picture of him.

36 minutes ago, Jennifer McM said:

Know how you feel, he passed us at a rate through the ice near Hawkesbury Junction, we're moored before the moorings and near the bend. Unfortunately his boat got stuck in an ice 'groove' and he had to reverse (the groove was made in the ice a day or so ago by another boat) - after several goes of 'reverse and forward' he past us. About 20 mins later (obvious he turned around at the Junction) he returned. The time he past first time was about 7:30 ish we think.

Hope you're both ok. My OH was looking at him out of the window, but he didn't look in our direction. We thought it was Brotherly Love as it's long and its got half doz solar panels, we couldn't see the name in the dark.

Deffo him! 

My issue is not so much the icebreaking in the dark, but doing it whilst obviously pissed as a parrot is an idiot thing to do.. 

And of course, walking back 1/4 mile, through private land just to threaten our lives on a night like that... glad you didn't say owt to him or it'd be you as well! The guy really is a psycho - main reason I have not a moments hesitation in "naming n shaming"...  Hope all is good Jen - it seems thawed here now!

14 hours ago, ianali said:

Ian.

Was it not hanging his head out of the boat and confronting the man in the first instance that caused this?

This is the ridiculous part of the law.  Baccy is taboo now, the packets are black, smothered with health warnings and death, and hidden away out of the public gaze behind shutters in shops.  Now alcohol is on full punbic view, no health warnings or about how aggressive, violent and deadly it can make people, even suicidal, not to mention health problems.   Smoking baccy never made folk aggressive or violent, it generally has a peaceful calming effect.  Smoking is banned from public places like  inside pubs, whilst drinkers are allowed in to get, sozzled, aggressive, violent, out of order, barred, police called and all the rest of it, costing a fortune in damage ect.    Tain't fair at all.

• Greenie 1

8 minutes ago, Stilllearning said:

No.

Well it was. If they had just sat tight and not spoken to this chap then he wouldn't have come back to have words with them and ruin their evening.

Yes he shouldn't have been drunk at the helm or speeding through ice and I'm not condoning that. But they did make a rod for their own back by interacting with him in the first instance.

Sometimes it is just better to leave alone and get on with your whatever you were doing. The annoyance will be gone in a flash and you never have to see them again.