Webasto Thermotop C Fuel pump

Bazza954

Featured Posts

Hi all,

my webasto failed to fire up this morning.

Had a look, plenty of fuel in tank, power supply ok. Turned on again and went into engine bay to listen to boiler firing up, or not, it went through its start up sequence but I noticed the absence of the pump "ticking", it carried on through the start up sequence, but no action from the pump, unit shut down.

I ran it again and checked the voltage at the pump connector, it was 9v. I am presuming (although I know I shouldn't and I'm probably wrong !! ) that the voltage to the pump on start up is lower as the pump pulses slower before increasing to full speed, at which point I think the pump must be getting the full 12v.  I  couldn't check this as boiler fails to fire.

I removed the pump to test with a direct 12v connection, nothing, not even a click.

Is it sounding like a new pump is needed ? or have I missed something ?

Thanks for any responses.

Bazza

25 minutes ago, luggsy said:

Have you tried removing fuses ? Obviously putting them back in works for me 

Yes, failed to mention in OP, did try the fuse removal to reset didn't make a difference.

I think the pump is buggered, looking for replacement, ooooooooo pricey

Bazza

35 minutes ago, PaulJ said:

The pumps work on a pulsed supply-each pulse is a little squirt-I thought they were 12v though. Certainly doesnt sound very hopeful though-I got the last one I changed from Germany/Ebay. It was a lot cheaper..

I believe you’re right ;)

This post is informative...

On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 17:05, WotEver said:

Did you try the sharp taps and the paraffin bath?

Hi, yes soaked, rattled, shaken, tapped, all to no avail I'm afraid.

Ex Brummie , yep a big fat 0 using the UT 203

The pump has worked fine right up to this point, it isn't as if it had been stood for a long time, the heating gets used very regularly.

Anyway, got a replacement pump, installed, third attempt at firing, off it went, ran for 3 hours all ok, just out of pocket by a fair old lump, boats !!!!!!!

Cheers   

Bazza