Fundraising Topic

Mac of Cygnet

Featured Posts

I'm putting this here because I can't reply to the fundraising topic.  I spent some time looking for the 'donate' button, and found it rather inconspicuously hiding top centre between 'Support' and 'Featured Topics', not top right as RichM stated.

Also (not important, but curious), the topic doesn't appear in 'Announcements', or anywhere else except 'New Content'.  ???

5 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

I've just realised it is there, but after one pinned and several locked threads.

Several locked threads?

I cancelled my monthly standing order when the abysmal standard of modding got right out of hand, as did a lot of others. I'm of two minds about re-instating it as I still feel the modding is pretty flaky and arbitrary.

Some proper attention paid to dissatisfaction about modding and quite a few ex-contributors would start contributing again, I suspect. 

• Greenie 1

16 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Several locked threads?

I cancelled my monthly standing order when the abysmal standard of modding got right out of hand, as did a lot of others. I'm of two minds about re-instating it as I still feel the modding is pretty flaky and arbitrary.

Some proper attention paid to dissatisfaction about modding and quite a few ex-contributors would start contributing again, I suspect. 

Only one of the locked threads in 'Announcements' is from the period you refer to;  the rest have no replies and require none - they are just announcements.  But it's curious that they appear first, before the fundraising topic.  There are other locked threads further down - there seems no rhyme nor reason about the order of topics in this section.

Edited to say that there seems to be no way to reply to the fundraising topic, although Daniel has done so.

Edited by Mac of Cygnet

10 hours ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

I'm putting this here because I can't reply to the fundraising topic.  I spent some time looking for the 'donate' button, and found it rather inconspicuously hiding top centre between 'Support' and 'Featured Topics', not top right as RichM stated.

It was our intention to allow replies to the topic so if that's not possible I will look into that asap.

I guess it depends on your screen size, but yes, it's in the top bar. On a mobile it will be in the menu system. @RichM also provided a direct link in his post.

10 hours ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

I've just realised it is there, but after one pinned and several locked threads.

Yes. There are a number of pinned threads, some.of which are locked. We might be able to trim the pinned threads down.