Black Water meadow

jocave

Featured Posts

Anybody moor at Blackwater Meadow ,Ellesmere?? Just wondering about the height of the bridge at the entrance to the marina, I'm moving my boat there in the next few weeks and was wondering if I could fit through with the canopy up, its a proper faff to take it down so hoping I can get it through when its up,

87fa321f19d9ef6ce90460eb31563cd4--marina-entrance.jpg

32 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Depending on the height of the canopy of course but I would suggest take down the canopy, tbh combined with the flow there are some other bridges/tunnels which are likey to cause issues anyway

A touch less than eight foot,which other bridges are lower??, excuse the ignorance but it was a bit of a last minute decision to move it here and we have not really researched it too much despite it being pretty close to home..

Edited by jocave

5 minutes ago, jocave said:

A touch less than eight foot,which other bridges/tunnels are lower??, excuse the ignorance but it was a bit of a last minute decision to move it here and we have not really researched it too much despite it being pretty close to home..

Plenty including the tunnels and like I said the flow can very easily throw you off your line and put you against the bridges.

Its a lovely canal so dont be put off but it can present its own supprises

We had a rear canopy over our cruiser stern which was a pain to lower for bridges, we solved it by selling it in 'Towpath Talk' and purchased a different type.

Isn't your Marina only a few hundred yards north of a tunnel and there are lift bridges in the opposite direct with even less clearance ?

3 hours ago, Boatingbiker said:

We had a rear canopy over our cruiser stern which was a pain to lower for bridges, we solved it by selling it in 'Towpath Talk' and purchased a different type.

Isn't your Marina only a few hundred yards north of a tunnel and there are lift bridges in the opposite direct with even less clearance ?

Yes and lift bridges in both directions

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update, marina bridge has plenty of clearance, lift bridges are tight but doable if I'm carefull , found an easier way to drop the canopy as long as nobody is sitting in the cockpit so should be fine in the tunnels , I'll find out for sure tomorrow, rather do it now whilst its quiet out there..