Help finding a Davison built concrete bost

Matt rshirley

Featured Posts

I can find only one boat named LANDLOPER, and I suspect it was the only one is it a somewhat unusual name.

British Waterways Board records indicate LANDLOPER was issued with the Index Number 70033 in 1980/81, but I have no record of this boat post a printout of licence details dated 03 December 1983 - and I have another printout dated a couple of years later from which 70033 is not included :captain:

Edited by pete harrison

Thank you the only pic I have was taken shortly after my Grandad had bought her, she was on dry land while the cleaned her up. The guy that had owned her had let rain water sink fill her tilll water started to go through the air cool slits. She had two sister boats a 40 ft called Lysander and a 35 ft called Delphi 

May be one of the "great unlicensed".

I can recall seeing one or two concrete narrow boats recently on trips through London but I wasn't particularly tuned in to them and how long they were. I tend to think the concrete ones are a bit longer than 30ft and have a square stern rarmther than rounded. 

I will look out for a 30ft concrete hull narrow boat next time I go through London which should be before Christmas.  If I see one I'll take a couple of photos and put them on here in case its the boat asked about.

• 1 month later...
On 02/12/2017 at 20:36, magnetman said:

May be one of the "great unlicensed".

I can recall seeing one or two concrete narrow boats recently on trips through London but I wasn't particularly tuned in to them and how long they were. I tend to think the concrete ones are a bit longer than 30ft and have a square stern rarmther than rounded. 

I will look out for a 30ft concrete hull narrow boat next time I go through London which should be before Christmas.  If I see one I'll take a couple of photos and put them on here in case its the boat asked about.

Hi I hope you had a good Christmas and happy new year to you, just wanted to see if you’d had any sightings? 

On 14/01/2018 at 16:20, Matt rshirley said:

Hi guys just wondering if there’s been any sightings?

I passed what i'm sure is a concrete-hulled boat in Uxbridge, it is moored about midway along the long term 'Browns meadow' mooring site. No idea if it is the one you are seeking but may be worth a look.