Crew for 2018

Nigeln

Featured Posts

I sometimes cruise with my wife and sometimes with friends and grown-up children. But there are periods when I don’t have a crew and whilst I can cruise single handed, cruising is better with company.

I have a 1/3rd share of a 60’ narrowboat, which for 2018 will be moored somewhere in the Leeds area, either on the Aire & Calder or the Calder & Hebble, before moving to the Midlands in 2019. As part of my share, I have 3 blocks of 4 weeks each year.

I offering time aboard my boat in small blocks (around 5 days) to convivial people - would suit anyone retired or semi-retired who is still physically active. I don't need experienced crew and the offer would be on the basis of shared living expenses and chores.

What do you think?  Not just a one off - hopefully could become a regular trip  feature, up to 2 or 3 times a year. 2018 dates fall in April, July & October.

• 1 month later...

I am in the area and would love to offer to crew. 

I haven't boated regularly on the canal due to recent caring commitments but used to live aboard in the 80s and 90s. Done sailing and other stuff on and off over the years and would like to get used to the canal again with the idea eventually of getting a boat or a share.

• 5 months later...

Hi there,

I was browsing through the crew swap entries and came across your posting.

I’m totally new to boating despite recently buying a 1/8 th share in Soudley a 59 ft nb moored at Droitwich. 

Being retired I have more free time than available weeks on Soudley and am looking to crew for others given the opportunity.

I live in Accrington Lancs and could be available at short notice.

Regards 

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for contacting me re boating together.

If you email me at  nigeln@me.com I'll send over some information about 'The Pride of York' and some dates in October.

Regards,

Nigel Nixon.