Raving mad?

bill brown

Featured Posts

13 hours ago, Pluto said:

I doubt it will better the 'raves' which used to take place under Rodwell Tower in the 1970s, which I suspect some members here will remember.

They were the dogs, but invited guests only.

Warm Hole or Cold Hole, your choice.

22 hours ago, Pluto said:

I doubt it will better the 'raves' which used to take place under Rodwell Tower in the 1970s, which I suspect some members here will remember.

So, the Cold Hole  party was going well, loud music from TRex etc, beer a plenty. Roy (for that is his name) wearing a smart suit and tie requires to spend a penny and steps outside. Half an hour later, he comes back in,soaking wet from head to toe, suit and hands filthy.

"What's happened to you?"

Well, he had gone down to the empty lock and managed to wobble  into the lock chamber during his relieving  process. How did he get out?  ( there were no lock ladders fitted in those days) " I climbed up the gate paddle rod!" Nobody had seen or heard him  above the din from the CH.

Roy was one very lucky chap, to extricate himself from that  lock on a cold winter's night .

Bill

2 hours ago, captain birdseye said:

The cold hole was where I met my wife at the infamous 1982 party, complete with keystone cops

Oh yes, I remember that occasion! 

The hard-as-nails woman cop leading the operation marched into the Cold Hole and started to tell us we were being raided as an illegal drinking den, as her colleague was still opening the door for the rest of the officers to enter. Of course he didn't know that if you opened the door too far, then the rope which ran from the door, over a pulley to a heavy iron weight to shut the door, would come off the pulley. Which it duly did and the heavy iron weight landed on Ms Hard-as-nails' boot!