Help locating diaphragm for Shurflo pump

Kumquat

Featured Posts

Hiya everyone. I need a little help locating the correct replacement diaphragm for my Shurflo pump. It packed in the other day, but the stress (i still react to many things on the boat with 'headless chicken' first) was greatly reduced by the previous owner having fixed and left a replacement pump on the boat. So i fit it, It works and seems to be ok (i'm keeping an eye on it).

I now want to fix the old one so that we can have that one as a spare. The pump is a shureflo Aqua King 3.0 (3901-0213). I read that some can't be fixed but i'm hoping this isn't one of them? (Thats the first question). If it can any help locating the diaphragm would be amazing. I've looked online but i feel a bit out of my depth...there are loads of them...

Thanks in advance!

Haha, i thought someone might say that! i'd prefer to fix what I have if i can, rather than forking out for something new. Maybe i'll live to regret it mind...

Thats one of the ones i was looking at. It's more expensive than i was expecting. That said, most things are. I'll give them a ring. Thanks!

Edited by Kumquat

4 minutes ago, Kumquat said:

Haha, i thought someone might say that! i'd prefer to fix what I have if i can, rather than forking out for something new. Maybe i'll live to regret it mind...

The one I linked to suggests its ok for Aquaking, but worth checking before you buy.

In my experience of 15 years with Shurflos, it will leak again before long.

3 minutes ago, Kumquat said:

I keep reading that! A water pump that will inevitably leak seems a bit pointless. Unfortunately my miserly-ness means i'm stuck with them for now.  Maybe one day i'll splash out...

Thanks for your help

Unfortunately, they are a consumable items, deemed to fail every couple of years if in daily use.

Hopefully the ASAP link above will help, although there may be cheaper suppliers out there.

2 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Unfortunately, they are a consumable items, deemed to fail every couple of years if in daily use.

Hopefully the ASAP link above will help, although there may be cheaper suppliers out there.

On average ours lasts five years. 30 minutes to fix. Parts available at any decent chandlers or on line. Next day delivery.

6 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

On average ours lasts five years. 30 minutes to fix. Parts available at any decent chandlers or on line. Next day delivery.

You're lucky then. Ours would fail every two years like clockwork for 15 years, but I suppose they weren't designed for full time liveaboard use,so I treat them as consumables these days. Thankfully the Jabsco consumable is a lot cheaper than the Shurflo offering:)

Edited by rusty69

13 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Had the boat thirteen years now and just repaired for the third time. It as leaking when we got the boat so that was number One fix.

Well, if your pump is in daily use, perhaps you can give me some tips please:)

ETA. I already know the one about de-pressurising the pump after each use.

Edited by rusty69

Take it apart first to see whether the diaphragm is split.

If the diaphragm is split is a complete new pump may be not much more money compared to parts.

I fixed my Flojet pump with new o rings ...... and quite a lot of time. 

Good luck.