Yank - Books on Canalside Plant Life

tipton1947

Featured Posts

We have our boat hire for June 2018 finalized. Chirk - Llangollen - Ellesmere - Chirk. Three couples in three boats. The wives are serious gardeners and wild flower enthusiasts (they really enjoyed the Fenn's, Whixall & Bettisfield Mosses National Nature Reserve on the last trip). My wife was amazed at the profusion of plant life along the canal. As Christmas is approaching I am looking for suggestions for one or two books that would help her identify plant life during our next trip. Any suggestions?

Plenty of good books available,  personally I would recommend the Collins guides, the tree one is a standard text for day to day use in my business. 

If your partner has a good grasp of basic botany I would strongly recommend the Francis Rose wild flower key.

1 hour ago, bizzard said:

I have nearly them all, I think. They're wonderful.

You don't seem to have the 'Canals' one which is excellent. You can actually get The Observer's Book of Observer's Books  (No.99)

Obs Canals.JPG

Edited by Flyboy