MV Chica

Ray T

Featured Posts

Interesting old boats pop up on "derelict places" sometimes where you wouldn't expect them to. I was looking through the photos of an abandoned RAF base somewhere in Norfolk and amongst the knackered buildings/overgrown runways was a shortened wooden narrowboat! 

Trouble is it was late at night and I can't remember exactly where it was.. Definitely Norfolk. Or Lincolnshire. 

• Greenie 1

A now deceased friend tried to buy/salvage the Chica shortly after it sank. He contacted the owner, who was not particularly wanting to sell  and had high hopes of re-floating  her himself. Friend  then spoke to people at British Waterways who weren't  at all interested in getting the wreck shifted, she is therefore still in situ as an interesting object or an eyesore depending on your view of such things. Chica is visible from the T & M canal, she used to have a tall mast that has   either been removed or has fallen off.

Bill

3 hours ago, noddyboater said:

Interesting old boats pop up on "derelict places" sometimes where you wouldn't expect them to. I was looking through the photos of an abandoned RAF base somewhere in Norfolk and amongst the knackered buildings/overgrown runways was a shortened wooden narrowboat! 

Trouble is it was late at night and I can't remember exactly where it was.. Definitely Norfolk. Or Lincolnshire. 

How about RAF Sculthorpe and these boats? Photos taken by me April 2016

IMG_0991.JPG

IMG_0992.JPG