Selecting a trailer

1st4bits

Featured Posts

I dont know much about the named boat but at a guess it is around 20 foot give or take about 6" and a narrow beam of around 6`9". 

Weight around loaded maybe 1500kg give or take a few hundred Kilo. Always gets a trailer to take more than the boat weighs, say 500kg more. So a 1500kg boat then a trailer to take take a payload of 2000kg.

I would get the sizes of the boat from the seller so then you are sure as there will likely be a few models about.

I would get a twin axle trailer for that size boat with at least 8 keel rollers, depends on the keel length, and adjustable height side supports being beds and not rollers. length wise a load length of a foot or so short or the same length of the boat. 

Just what i would do as i will soon ( i hope ) be in the same situation for my cruiser.

Wolly :)

Independently braked plus twin axle for stability with a plated weight to cover on board "additions". Besides the trailer just ensure that your "pulling" vehicle has the correct quoted towing weight capability. The vehicle may be able to pull it but in he event of an unfortunate accident if the towing weight is not met you may have insurance difficulties. One other thing that you are licensed to tow the combined weight. Hope with these points I`m not teaching Grandmother to suck eggs!!!!!!!

55 minutes ago, 1st4bits said:

Thanks for all your replies some useful information! Is there a particular name for the type/style of trailer I need and what kind of money should I expect to pay for a good used one?

thanks

Mine was £900 it's also a breakback one makes launching and recovery easier. Snipe is a good make.