CRT and continuous cruising

DavidAN

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Dave_P said:

Mod hat on.

Ok folks: I’ve done a bit of pruning on the thread. You all know that personal attacks aren’t allowed. Let’s see if we can get back to a reasonable debate...

Good grief  is calling somebody a vegan now a personal insult??

Vegans are ordinary people just the same as everybody else, and even enjoy a bit of junk food.

image.png.97125305f18ee07b6b67535240b11109.png

Very unhealthy vegan burger from a fast food place in Picton Street, Bristol (where else could this happen :D ).

................Dave

14 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I don’t think that was it. There was some far more unpleasant stuff posted earlier!

Yeah, I did suspect, I was not looking at the forum last night as it was open mic night at the Red Lion, some seriously talented people up at Winsford.

But really, I was just looking for a reason to use the Gluten Burger photo, just like you had to wait for months to use that piano picture :D.

............Dave

4 hours ago, dmr said:

Vegans are ordinary people just the same as everybody else, and even enjoy a bit of junk food.

Very unhealthy vegan burger from a fast food place in Picton Street, Bristol (where else could this happen :D ).

................Dave

So what's the cheese made from? 

(Flour, water and paint?)

53 minutes ago, Iain_S said:

So what's the cheese made from? 

(Flour, water and paint?)

Vegan cheese is available and it actually tastes ok, though nothing like cheese, dunno how its made. The slimy bit at the top of the burger is, I suspect, a lump of semi melted pure gluten!. My daughters boyfriend is vegan and I have been pleasantly surprised by the food that he produces, in fact I could easily become vegan myself if only they produced a decent proper cheddar (and a Stilton, and a smoked Wensleydale and ......)

............Dave

14 minutes ago, dmr said:

Vegan cheese is available and it actually tastes ok, though nothing like cheese, dunno how its made. The slimy bit at the top of the burger is, I suspect, a lump of semi melted pure gluten!. My daughters boyfriend is vegan and I have been pleasantly surprised by the food that he produces, in fact I could easily become vegan myself if only they produced a decent proper cheddar (and a Stilton, and a smoked Wensleydale and ......)

............Dave

You'd have to choose your beers very carefully if you were vegan. No more Timothy Taylors. But I guess you could keep with your cider though. 

Edited by Goliath
Spelling

11 minutes ago, Goliath said:

You'd have to choose your beers very carefully if you were vegan. No more Timothy Taylors. But I guess you could keep with your cider though. 

Don't the best cider makers hang a ham in the cider vat?

2 minutes ago, Iain_S said:

Don't the best cider makers hang a ham in the cider vat?

That's one version of the story. A Bristolian with whom I was at university reckoned that there was a rat in every barrel of scrumpy.

38 minutes ago, dmr said:

............Dave

Really? I am a tad supprised by this, it must have improved a great deal, my memory of vegan cheese was tasteless block of weirdly textured oddness with a supprisingly strong smell of sick :)

Just now, tree monkey said:

Really? I am a tad supprised by this, it must have improved a great deal, my memory of vegan cheese was tasteless block of weirdly textured oddness with a supprisingly strong smell of sick :)

Coming soon to a Bushtucker Trial near you.

7 hours ago, dmr said:

Yeah, I did suspect, I was not looking at the forum last night as it was open mic night at the Red Lion, some seriously talented people up at Winsford.

But really, I was just looking for a reason to use the Gluten Burger photo, just like you had to wait for months to use that piano picture :D.

............Dave

Isnt it funny with open mic nights how talented the people seem towards the end of the evening :lol:

1 hour ago, cuthound said:

My daughter-in-law is a vegan, and claims the only thing she misses is bacon. Apparently vegan bacon just isn't the same.

Many years ago I was talking to an Asian chap who ran a corner shop.

“When I came over here in the sixties I was on the busses. When we were on the early shift we stopped around 8am and went to the canteen for breakfast. Oh the lovely smells!  Eventually I said to myself ‘If God hadn’t meant me to eat meat he wouldn’t have invented bacon sandwiches!’”

Edited by WotEver
  • Greenie 1

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

Isnt it funny with open mic nights how talented the people seem towards the end of the evening :lol:

Yup you could be right. Red Lion is all a bit trendy and arty but Saturday night is more of a rough locals night event with full on Karaoke. Now maybe it was the beer but it did appear to be Karaoke like I have never witnessed before because everybody who sang could actually sing and sing well. Highlight for me was a stereotypical old northern bloke, right down to the flat cap, doing a splendid job of "born to be wild".

..............Dave

3 hours ago, dmr said:

Yup you could be right. Red Lion is all a bit trendy and arty but Saturday night is more of a rough locals night event with full on Karaoke. Now maybe it was the beer but it did appear to be Karaoke like I have never witnessed before because everybody who sang could actually sing and sing well. Highlight for me was a stereotypical old northern bloke, right down to the flat cap, doing a splendid job of "born to be wild".

..............Dave

Come on then, what did you sing? 

:)

23 hours ago, dmr said:

................Dave

Manchester - thank goodness :)

1 hour ago, mark99 said:

The picture above is just before it's battered and dunked in the deep fat fryer.

Long time veggie myself. Tried veganism - not for me. No energy.

It took me a while to adjust but cutting out dairy sorted out all my sinus problems so is obviously the right thing for me. I think everyone needs to do what is best for their own body. We all have different needs. I would have that deep fried on occasion - I never could manage being good all the time!