Stove Fan Effectiveness Question

BlueStringPudding

Featured Posts

I thought this video would be really good but they never zoom out.  The camera stays inches from the fan! 

This, second video, shows the Stirling Vulcan to be much more powerful than the Ecofan 812 which is their top model.  I thought the Stirling was useless so the Econfan must be pathetic in terms of air volume moved.  See the part at 3:10

Edited by mross

38 minutes ago, mross said:

I thought this video would be really good but they never zoom out.  The camera stays inches from the fan! 

This, second video, shows the Stirling Vulcan to be much more powerful than the Ecofan 812 which is their top model.  I thought the Stirling was useless so the Econfan must be pathetic in terms of air volume moved.  See the part at 3:10

Ooo..er, I've never seen the Vulcan but I didnt like the sound. Much prefer the quiet Ecofan.

19 hours ago, carlt said:

In fairness I have attended Bradford and, post-grad, Birmingham so he may have a point.

I was post grad at Birmingham too.  They didn't sufficiently put me off the first time, so I went back and did another.

2 minutes ago, Dave_P said:

Only for the time being...

Am not at all sure that Ecofans should be regarded as useless and treated scornfully.

If an Ecofan owner wishes to dispose if His/Her Loyal Technological Miracle rather than Lob it in the nearest Bin it would be Noble to use Fence Wire to attach a Gently Glowing Briquette of Smokeless Coal to the Base of the Fan and set it free, watch it head for the Clouds where it will Soar Blissfully.

DO NOT carry out this Merciful release ANYWHERE near an Airport!

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, cereal tiller said:

Am not at all sure that Ecofans should be regarded as useless and treated scornfully.

If an Ecofan owner wishes to dispose if His/Her Loyal Technological Miracle rather than Lob it in the nearest Bin it would be Noble to use Fence Wire to attach a Gently Glowing Briquette of Smokeless Coal to the Base of the Fan and set it free, watch it head for the Clouds where it will Soar Blissfully.

DO NOT carry out this Merciful release ANYWHERE near an Airport!

If you set an Eco fan free, it becomes a Freako Fan!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dave_P said:

I had an Aldi special last year.  It's now in the bin.

I think its fair to say that the £24 Aldi jobs are of no use whatsoever in terms of heating. I'm still a sucker for an Aldi deal though, ofttimes you win. 

Today I put some essential oil and water in a little dish on the stove (the stove is located right at the back of the boat). I often do this. The only difference today is that the fan is on the stove in front of the dish. 

Well, I popped outside for five or ten minutes and when I came back in I could already smell the fragrance in the kitchen, a good 50ft or more from the stove which is at the other end of the boat. Normally the fragrance wouldn't spread half that distance. So now I'm intrigued that maybe the fan is doing something after all. 

I'll have an opportunity to test how quickly the stove heats the middle cabin from scratch at the weekend. With the fan it increased in temperature 8 degrees in two and a half hours. I'll test it out without the fan and see how they compare. :glare:^_^

15112000418422002242223.jpg

• Greenie 1

22 hours ago, tree monkey said:

Yeah but I bet your stove has a black finish,  unfortunately due the BSPs style over substance white stove she gets absolutely no heat from it at all

Stirrer. ^_^ I'll remind you of that next time I'm sat here with the stern doors open (matron) coz it's too hot on the boat again. 

1 hour ago, BlueStringPudding said:

Today I put some essential oil and water in a little dish on the stove (the stove is located right at the back of the boat). I often do this. The only difference today is that the fan is on the stove in front of the dish. 

Well, I popped outside for five or ten minutes and when I came back in I could already smell the fragrance in the kitchen, a good 50ft or more from the stove which is at the other end of the boat. Normally the fragrance wouldn't spread half that distance. So now I'm intrigued that maybe the fan is doing something after all. 

I'll have an opportunity to test how quickly the stove heats the middle cabin from scratch at the weekend. With the fan it increased in temperature 8 degrees in two and a half hours. I'll test it out without the fan and see how they compare. :glare:15112000418422002242223.jpg

Wow, that is lateral thinking. Have a greenie!

11 hours ago, nb Innisfree said:

16 deg? Brrr, that could never achieve cosyness, ok when working but when relaxing it's 20 deg minimum for me. 

I can never understand why people in house love being cold? I have to put a coat on when I go in a house. Temp at present in our front cabin ont boat 2ft above floor level on a shelf is 26.8 ont thermometer. I don't like it below 24 and its oft over 30 yet people in houses still ocasionaly as you all know ask me " Is it cold in the winter " :lol:

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

I can never understand why people in house love being cold? I have to put a coat on when I go in a house. Temp at present in our front cabin ont boat 2ft above floor level on a shelf is 26.8 ont thermometer. I don't like it below 24 and its oft over 30 yet people in houses still ocasionaly as you all know ask me " Is it cold in the winter " :lol:

It's alright for you as it can only be 'ot with a stove on a nb, in our house t'missus keeps turning the t'heat down. 

ETA: It's not alright, it's oreight

Edited by nb Innisfree

4 minutes ago, nb Innisfree said:

It's alright for you as it can only be 'ot with a stove on a nb, in our house t'missus keeps turning the t'heat down. 

Chuck a bucket of cold water over her then she will turnt eet up :D