Winter project?

mross

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, mross said:

Circuit Diagram

from xkcd.com/730/

That sirkit is clearly wrong. The flux capacitor will never achieve the 1.21 GW required for full excitation.

Nice to see they have updated the timer chip to 666 ,it used to be 555 in my day.

Edited by rusty69

4 hours ago, rusty69 said:

That sirkit is clearly wrong. The flux capacitor will never achieve the 1.21 GW required for full excitation.

Nice to see they have updated the timer chip to 666 ,it used to be 555 in my day.

for improved performance, replace the Arduino with a Teensy.

2 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

10 Print "hello"

20 Goto 10

Rick Wakeman once stayed up till the early hours perfecting the exact sound he wanted from his Fairlight. When he got up in the morning he found his young son had been playing and the screen was displaying...

BUM

BUM

BUM

BUM...

Instead if being angry Rick thought to himself “I don’t know how to do that!”  That was his impetus for learning a bit more about computers. 

1 minute ago, WotEver said:

Rick Wakeman once stayed up till the early hours perfecting the exact sound he wanted from his Fairlight. When he got up in the morning he found his young son had been playing and the screen was displaying...

BUM

BUM

BUM

BUM...

Instead if being angry Rick thought to himself “I don’t know how to do that!”  That was his impetus for learning a bit more about computers. 

Shame there wasn't any titys.He could have gone Bum tity Bum tity bum bum bum.

Yes

Yes

Yes

8 minutes ago, mross said:

Mine was a Dragon32; bought on the basis that it had a proper keyboard.

Thats V.sensible Mross. My follow up to the zx81 was the commodore 64, for the very sensible reason of playing computer games!

2 hours ago, rusty69 said:

I'm too old to know what that means!:D My first computer was a zx81

Ahh the good old ZX81, 1kb memory with the option of adding a 16kb memory pack that had a connection so bad that the slightest movement made it crash and lose all the programming you had just done. If you managed to get to the point of saving then out came the tape recorder. Happy days

1 hour ago, mross said:

Mine was a Dragon32; bought on the basis that it had a proper keyboard.

lots in my history (probably a lot that I don't remember), never any restriction on what I could have... the rules were simple, earn money and buy the computer of my choice

zx81 (with the wobbly ram pack)
Vic20
spectrum 48k (rubber keys)
BBC B
spectrum 48k+ (solid keys and the plus-D disk expansion)
ICL OPD (one per desk)
MSX
Amiga 500
Amiga 600 (with a huge at the time 100Mb hard drive)

PC's ever since

Edited by Jess--

3 minutes ago, Jess-- said:

lots in my history (probably a lot that I don't remember)

zx81 (with the wobbly ram pack)
Vic20
spectrum 48k (rubber keys)
BBC B
spectrum 48k+ (solid keys and the plus-D disk expansion)
ICL OPD (one per desk)
MSX
Amiga 500
Amiga 600 (with a huge at the time 100Mb hard drive)

PC's ever since

re-live your youth with this zx Spectrum

https://www.game.co.uk/en/the-recreated-sinclair-zx-spectrum-2050251?utm_source=RakutenMarketing&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=2447268:HOTUKDEALS&utm_content=10&utm_term=UKNetwork&ranMID=42508&ranEAID=aBCSbjOIq8Q&cm_mmc=affiliate-_-Rakuten-_-GameAffiliate-_-banner&ranSiteID=aBCSbjOIq8Q-PBfB0qZLVpPulZcuQuZnsQ

ZX80

ZX81 with 16kb ram pack

Spectrum 48k with addon proper keyboard and microdrive

Amiga 1000 (proper box with seprate kayboard and monitor) and two (yes two) floppy disc drives. Upgraded with a plug in board with 4 Mb of memory and a 120Mb hard drive. My SiL asked what I needed all that meomory for.

I then caved in and went the micosoft way, but I did assemble my own sytems. Just to be techie rather than practical.

3 minutes ago, croftie said:

Plenty of ZX81's on Ebay :)

Mine is still in the loft, in it's original box

4 minutes ago, artleknock said:

I then caved in and went the micosoft way, but I did assemble my own sytems. Just to be techie rather than practical.

I still build my own, mainly because there aren't any off the shelf options when you want an 8 core water cooled machine with 64gb of ram, a mixture of SSD and hybrid drives and a bank of 3 high end video cards