Eco Fan

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

14 minutes ago, Chewbacka said:

I was thinking of taking 4 eco fans and building a drone which would be able to fly in hot sunshine.  Maybe I shall attempt to get funding on Dragons den or the Apprentice.

This seems a good idea but remember new " Drone " laws have recently or are soon to be brought in to force so you must ensure the weight is checked before you buy the fans as many will be too heavy. There may also be some ruling re power from the drone motors and 4 eco fans will produce such terrific thrust as to be more than likely prohibitive.

• Greenie 1

I wonder if you can use an ecofan to drive a wind turbine?

That way you can stay warm and never suffer flat batteries again.

It may even be possible to use the wind turbine to power an electric stove, upon which the ecofan is placed and achieve perpetual motion. :P

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, cuthound said:

I wonder if you can use an ecofan to drive a wind turbine?

That way you can stay warm and never suffer flat batteries again.

It may even be possible to use the wind turbine to power an electric stove, upon which the ecofan is placed and achieve perpetual motion. :P

This is why we need more threads like this one. The industrial revolution second phase is what its about and ideas like this could save the planet. It could probably stop this dreadful global warming and clear this mornings ice off the canal for me..............oh hang on a minute...................

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Happy Christmas to all Ecofan users out there – to those down in Aus where it is Christmas Day now. The rest of us will have to wait to midnight. And to those unbelievers.....it's Christmas. Believe!

Hows the Duck?

• Happy 1

6 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Happy Christmas to all Ecofan users out there – to those down in Aus where it is Christmas Day now. The rest of us will have to wait to midnight. And to those unbelievers.....it's Christmas. Believe!

Naughty Dr Bob, you'll get cinders off Santa tonight now because you've posted here just to resurrect this thread in an attempt to claim some kind of record, admit it.

Well, it won't work: t's all just hot air and you've blown it!

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Naughty Dr Bob, you'll get cinders off Santa tonight now because you've posted here just to resurrect this thread in an attempt to claim some kind of record, admit it.

Well, it had gone a bit quiet, hadn't it. I mean, two weeks without a thread on Ecofans?

8 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Hows the Duck?

Well the anticipation is killing me! Last heard Quackers has tried out the river Severn but is now somewhere between Chesterfield and Loughbourough. Looking forward to seeing him in the new year.

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I was wondering how many people will be getting Ecofans in their stockings rather than getting their stockings caught up in Ecofans?

On 14/12/2017 at 15:19, mrsmelly said:

This is good news as realy we need proper scientiffik data and this will be provided.

Why?

If you have one and find it useful no amount of scientific data will change this. Ditto if you are determined (like you) to experience no benefit :P 

• Happy 1

21 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Isn't that a completely different fairy tale?

• Greenie 1

50 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Well, it had gone a bit quiet, hadn't it. I mean, two weeks without a thread on Ecofans?

Well the anticipation is killing me! Last heard Quackers has tried out the river Severn but is now somewhere between Chesterfield and Loughbourough. Looking forward to seeing him in the new year.

I was wondering how many people will be getting Ecofans in their stockings rather than getting their stockings caught up in Ecofans?

Someone on FB wants to know how to mend one, It seams I am near the Ecofan hospital here up the Llangollen 

14 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Someone on FB wants to know how to mend one, It seams I am near the Ecofan hospital here up the Llangollen 

Look out!! I think I can see Father Christmas nicking yer boat!!

3 minutes ago, Chewbacka said:

I have often wondered why the fan makes don't make one with a thermoelectric pile double the length and width, so four times the power, then the fan might have enough power to make a slight draft.

No, they would then be dangerously uncontrollable rather than useful as now.

6 minutes ago, Chewbacka said:

I have often wondered why the fan makes don't make one with a thermoelectric pile double the length and width, so four times the power, then the fan might have enough power to make a slight draft.

They would shake and Wobble themselves off the Stove rather than Spinning Gently and doing nothing whatsoever?

3 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

No, they would then be dangerously uncontrollable rather than useful as now.

A Heavier one could be used on  a Desk as Paperweight.