Eco Fan

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

17 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I agree. The effect he describes defies scientific explanation at first sight. 

I suspect it is the light draft the fan produces that changes the kettle from 'just about boiling' to 'just about not boiling'.

That is called the wind chill effect.:-)

Having read and been inspired by a number of posts here (has anyone really read them all?) I've just added a second ecofan in my boat. The first one is on the stove as normal, the second on the worktop in the galley. The stream of hot air from No1 hits No2 warming up its heat sink and causing it to spin. This in turn propels the hot air stream from No1 fan further down the boat to keep the bedroom warm. To be fair, the second airstream it isn't as hot or as powerful as it once was, probably because of the energy extracted to drive the fan, but it's enough. Alignment, of course, is critical and non-believers, who don't have faith and therefore the required dedication, won't put sufficient effort in to get similarly spectacular results. I did try a third fan just inside my back doors to keep my pirate flag fluttering nicely, but I scrapped the idea after it blew my Captain's hat off. :captain:

• Greenie 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Having read and been inspired by a number of posts here (has anyone really read them all?) I've just added a second ecofan in my boat. The first one is on the stove as normal, the second on the worktop in the galley. The stream of hot air from No1 hits No2 warming up its heat sink and causing it to spin. This in turn propels the hot air stream from No1 fan further down the boat to keep the bedroom warm. To be fair, the second airstream it isn't as hot or as powerful as it once was, probably because of the energy extracted to drive the fan, but it's enough. Alignment, of course, is critical and non-believers, who don't have faith and therefore the required dedication, won't put sufficient effort in to get similarly spectacular results. I did try a third fan just inside my back doors to keep my pirate flag fluttering nicely, but I scrapped the idea after it blew my Captain's hat off. :captain:

Has there been by any chance, just the slightest possibility of a drink, taken by oneself recently?

20 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Has there been by any chance, just the slightest possibility of a drink, taken by oneself recently?

Have you not heard of the booster effect?

I use a similar technique by boosting the cauliflower and sprout curry with a mushy pea and boiled cabbage sandwich chaser (wholemeal bread).

2 hours ago, tree monkey said:

I think hes fibbing, his Pirate flag flies from a bloomin great flagpole mounted on the roof of his vessel!!

QUACKERS the DUCK has now been secured from Auntie Wainwright's Auction. Now formulating the plans for the ultimate test. Also have secured the exotic curry powder but will not be making sprout curry. Will consider other options. Keep glued to this thread for further activities from a quack who's gone to the dogs.

19 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

QUACKERS the DUCK has now been secured To the operating table.  Now formulating the plans for the ultimate killer test . Keep glued to this thread for further activities from a quack who's gone to the dogs.

Edited by rusty69
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

QUACKERS the DUCK has now been secured from Auntie Wainwright's Auction. Now formulating the plans for the ultimate test. Also have secured the exotic curry powder but will not be making sprout curry. Will consider other options. Keep glued to this thread for further activities from a quack who's gone to the dogs.

April the 12th was a good day for the forum, those of us how thought we had err umm issues...now know we are completely ok :lol:

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

Weather forecast today is 37 degrees and I have just got a text from auspost saying my parcel has arrived!!!! Eco fan I believe.

my original plan was to put it on the campervan roof connect a belt to it and run the  aircon off it so I don't have to plug in at caravan parks. However given the slight cold in the vicinity of northamptonshire both my tenant and my boat are chilly.

as a gesture towards the uk I will angle it towards the northern hemisphere .

expect a blast of hot air on Thursday.

strangely coinciding with political statements re brexit.

apologies for the delay it's 13000 miles so will take time.

• Greenie 1

8 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

I love the Chinglish instructions.. 

The engine model on the horizontal position by hand toggle the flywheel to see if smooth, if there is a strong sense of raw astringent, check the connection rod is normal, whether the cylinder oil and dust, and if so, please use toilet paper to erase Not smooth.

I have received some great news today. A PROPER scientiffik expewiment is being set up by an esteemed DOCTOR in to the real and wonderous benefits of the said Eco fan range. He is being assisted by another doctor ( Quack ) with his experiment and assures me he will publish a full and frank review on this thread when the said trials are completed. This is good news as realy we need proper scientiffik data and this will be provided.

• Happy 1

48 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I have received some great news today. A PROPER scientiffik expewiment is being set up by an esteemed DOCTOR in to the real and wonderous benefits of the said Eco fan range. He is being assisted by another doctor ( Quack ) with his experiment and assures me he will publish a full and frank review on this thread when the said trials are completed. This is good news as realy we need proper scientiffik data and this will be provided.

Is it a blind test