Leave space for anglers!

rgreg

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, rgreg said:

So if the winter mooring permit holder is also an angler :unsure:

Then I suspect that they angle. It's possible that the clause exists so as to be clear that no right is conferred on the permit holder that might put them and CRT into conflict with local angling clubs who have rights in certain locations.

It helps in life if you treat your rights that the law confers on you and the T&Cs that are imposed on you as passive rather than active provisions. Good sense and fair minded behaviour is what makes society tick and in general no one bothers you if you adopt that approach.

JP

1 hour ago, Captain Pegg said:

Not at all. The conditions apply to the boater that has the winter mooring permit. Anglers can still angle.

JP

Does it state specifically that the Ts & Cs apply to the permit holder or are they implicit to the mooring site.?

I reckon they could be read either way.

(And shouldn't it be 'Diving, bathing and fishing at the Winter Mooring Permit Site are not permitted'?)

52 minutes ago, Victor Vectis said:

(And shouldn't it be 'Diving, bathing and fishing at the Winter Mooring Permit Site are not permitted'?)

One for @Athy

Not one of them is permitted, so none of them are permitted but I’m unsure of the quoted sentence. 

1 hour ago, Victor Vectis said:

Does it state specifically that the Ts & Cs apply to the permit holder or are they implicit to the mooring site.?

I reckon they could be read either way.

Surely the T&Cs of a contract can only be specific to the parties to the contract?

And grammatically I suspect you are correct.

JP

14 minutes ago, Captain Pegg said:

And grammatically I suspect you are correct.

JP

He is indeed.

WE is 50% correct: "not one" and "none" are synonymous, so they are both singular, hence "is" would be correct in both instances. Mind you, people will know what you mean if you use "are".

Why did you put an "@" before my name?

54 minutes ago, Bewildered said:

None of this explains why anglers want to fish on moorings when there are hundreds miles of canal that you can fish on and can't moor on. It's almost as though they do it so they have something to grumble about. 

Because when a meeting is called to arrange a match the first item on the agenda is 'How can we annoy the most boaters the most'.

22 minutes ago, b0atman said:

surely the sign should be on the offside which is where most anglers seem to fish

No, anglers always fish on the side opposite where the fish are. If they didn’t, why would they need those long poles to get across to the other bank?

16 minutes ago, WotEver said:

No, anglers always fish on the side opposite where the fish are. If they didn’t, why would they need those long poles to get across to the other bank?

Maybe that's the answer, make them fish on the side where the fish are. They wouldn't be on a mooring and they wouldn't need to spend so much money on silly long poles. 

• Greenie 1