Can't handle this marina livin'

MoominPapa

Featured Posts

Arrived in Crick Marina for our winter stay yesterday. Infinite electricity and our own water tap and parking space - luxury!

It's all dead posh: problem is it was far too hot inside the boat last night. Could be that the weather has warmed up (it was pretty chilly out on the Leicester Line summit) , Or maybe the marina is so posh they heat the water: I shall be looking out for giant immersion heaters install under the pontoons.

MP.

• Greenie 1

35 minutes ago, MoominPapa said:

Arrived in Crick Marina for our winter stay yesterday. Infinite electricity and our own water tap and parking space - luxury!

It's all dead posh: problem is it was far too hot inside the boat last night. Could be that the weather has warmed up (it was pretty chilly out on the Leicester Line summit) , Or maybe the marina is so posh they heat the water: I shall be looking out for giant immersion heaters install under the pontoons.

MP.

I was there back in the summer and had to suppress a smirk as a Hudson owner stomped into the office, seething. 

I asked him what the problem was and he said he just been sprayed with sh!t by a marina employee incompetently conducting a pump-out on his boat.  :giggles:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I was there back in the summer and had to suppress a smirk as a Hudson owner stomped into the office, seething. 

I asked him what the problem was and he said he just been sprayed with sh!t by a marina employee incompetently conducting a pump-out on his boat.  :giggles:

Being a non Hudson owner,I wouldn't have made such a fuss about being covered in other peoples Sh!t.

1 minute ago, rusty69 said:

Being a non Hudson owner,I wouldn't have made such a fuss about being covered in other peoples Sh!t.

Yeahbut nobut... it was particularly amusing because it was his own sh!t and he had been paying someone else to pump it out for him!

54 minutes ago, MoominPapa said:

MP.

Being a posh place I suppose they don't approve of sitting on the front deck in just your pants either, pah bludy posh nonsense :)

4 hours ago, matty40s said:

Marinas...pah, umbug.

Lovely cruising today, bit grey but no wind and no boats around.

Pennywort spotting.

20171115_123029.jpg

Yeahbut, this year we have the Leicester Line on our doorstep to cruise whenever we want. I confidently predict that we'll go out far more often than we did when the local waterways were the back end of the Middle Level.

MP

Just now, dunfixing said:

You forgot the free wifi, slow but it works, best used before 11am.

sign on required, password is in the office.

happy cruising 

We tried the free WiFi, but we have the option of a large data contract with EE. EE internet at Crick is slow compared to almost anywhere else, but it's still a lot faster than the marina WiFi. It has been mentioned that the marina system is due to be upgraded.

MP.

2 minutes ago, MoominPapa said:

We tried the free WiFi, but we have the option of a large data contract with EE. EE internet at Crick is slow compared to almost anywhere else, but it's still a lot faster than the marina WiFi. It has been mentioned that the marina system is due to be upgraded.

MP.

A massive EE contract, really? :)

4 hours ago, MoominPapa said:

Yeahbut, this year we have the Leicester Line on our doorstep to cruise whenever we want. I confidently predict that we'll go out far more often than we did when the local waterways were the back end of the Middle Level.

MP

Are you allowed out once you take a winter mooring

20 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

In a marina?

No. I purchased a legit CRT WM last year (or might of bin previous year) and when I got there it was FULL. I called CRT for advice and they told me 'tough luck'. 

Well those are not their actual words, but they said there was nothing they could do about it... other than agree that I could moor on the general towpath nearby for the duration. Which to be honest suited me fine as the general towpath mooring was far nicer than the VM. But that wasn't the point!

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

WM signs I have seen this year politely state that payers of WM at a designated WM spot have priority over anyone else. Not sure what would happen if I'm approached by a paid up winter moorer where I have been moored for less than the allowed 14 days.

13 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

WM signs I have seen this year politely state that payers of WM at a designated WM spot have priority over anyone else.

Yes, But when the only occupied boats are those displaying a WM licence, what do you do? Ring CRT, yes. And they say.... 

Had I not been delighted to be allowed to moor opposite the vicarage, I'd have been demanding a refund.

8 hours ago, Nightwatch said:

WM signs I have seen this year politely state that payers of WM at a designated WM spot have priority over anyone else. Not sure what would happen if I'm approached by a paid up winter moorer where I have been moored for less than the allowed 14 days.

I would move