The true license evaders

GoodGurl

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, Dave Payne said:

ahh!

Talking of whitestone, i cut past the pub on the way home everyday, always seems busy, whats the food like there these days?

At The Whitestone? Previously The Hayrick? No idea I’m afraid, but it gets reasonable reviews on Trip Advisor. I can remember when it was a pub... ;)

2 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

So make the CRT one the same as one of the others that you can remember.

57 minutes ago, Athy said:

There is a very easy way. I use only two passwords for anything which requires a password. So, if it ain't one it's the other. No writing down needed.

I don't recall needing one when licensing (i.e. buying a new licence) our boat.

2 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

So make the CRT one the same as one of the others that you can remember.

13 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Put your passwords on a post-it note stuck to the monitor if you’re using a pc, or in a text document if using a lappy. A hacker isn’t going to break into your house/boat to see it. 

Non of these suggestions are recommended or secure, we are semi open house here.

3 minutes ago, Dave Payne said:

chetwynd arms i thought it was called?

Ahh, different pub. The Chetwynd Arms is fine. Great Cantonese food and proper beer... but LOUD!!  Run by a young couple at present and they get a younger crowd in. When I go in it’s usually a pint of Pedigree while I wait for my takeaway. It’s probably our closest pub. 

12 minutes ago, rasputin said:

Non of these suggestions are recommended or secure, we are semi open house here.

I am not sure what you mean by "semi open house". Do you mean the forum?

If so, yes, they're entirely secure as long as we don't tell anyone what they are. If, on the other hand, I said "I always use Gingangoolie* as my password", then that might be less secure, though anyone who thinks that potential e-criminals peruse Canal World assiduously looking for such indiscretions is perhaps a little paranoid.

* not my passwords' real name.

4 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Ahh, different pub. The Chetwynd Arms is fine. Great Cantonese food and proper beer... but LOUD!!  Run by a young couple at present and they get a younger crowd in. When I go in it’s usually a pint of Pedigree while I wait for my takeaway. It’s probably our closest pub. 

just googled the whitestone/hayrick, never even knew that was there.

Another pub to add to my list of Nuneaton pubs not had a pint in.....

5 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

Or go old school and write it in a note book.

There is nothing secret on the CRT licencing website!

No but there IS the potential for someone gaining access to your account to cause trouble.

If you don't believe me, send me your CRT log-in details and I'll have you 'owning' several boats and your current boat logged as sold. 

21 hours ago, rasputin said:

You are correct, more than one.

open house meaning people come and go in my house when they want, semi means I have a bit of control over it.

And why would any of these people be in the vaguest bit interested in the CAR licence website?

16 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

No but there IS the potential for someone gaining access to your account to cause trouble.

If you don't believe me, send me your CRT log-in details and I'll have you 'owning' several boats and your current boat logged as sold. 

NaughtyCal111623

Jennings01LCB