The true license evaders

GoodGurl

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, carlt said:

What a silly response.

My point is

Why not do something that is very easy to do – like notify C&RT the boat is  off water  . It will later help to avoid any dispute over a period when the boat has been unlicensed.

Also there is no need for everything to be a legal  requirement.  Laws are often  introduced because people with an attitude like yours refuse  to do things unless there is a legal requirement.  

I do find the C&RT online system frustrating  with regard to starting a new license after a period off water – despite having declared an off water notice.. The system will not let me leave  gap between the end of one license and the start of the next license .

I end up filling in a paper form at the marina office and paying C&RT later over the phone , which is a bit of a nuisance.

Or am I missing an easier method to start a new license  online after a period off water ?

2 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I guess we could save C&RT even more money and do away with the 'Boat-Spotters' completely if we all had trackers fitted, or phoned in every day with our new location - it would only take a couple of minutes.

I imagine any  tracker would have to be paid for by the boater and not supplied by C&RT.

AIS would be a good system ,  if C&RT had  their own receiving equipment.  It may even be used to some benefit other then licensing  .  In places where locks are manned the lock keeper would  be able to see on a screen the location of approaching boats.  

On the whole I would prefer in tracking was not implemented.

14 minutes ago, MartynG said:

I do find the C&RT online system frustrating  with regard to starting a new license after a period off water – despite having declared an off water notice.. The system will not let me leave  gap between the end of one license and the start of the next license .

I end up filling in a paper form at the marina office and paying C&RT later over the phone , which is a bit of a nuisance.

Or am I missing an easier method to start a new license  online after a period off water ?

Cant remember having to do anything special last time we renewed after a period ashore. Pretty sure it was all done quickly and easily online.

21 minutes ago, MartynG said:

My point is

Blah blah

My point is

I have no intention of ever doing anything beyond what is a legal requirement with an organisation that removed and destroyed my historic boat despite my going to extreme lengths to resolve the issue. 

I have no intention of raking over the past again to justify something that is not breaking any law or even t&cs.

17 minutes ago, MartynG said:

I also have had this problem, I have had to resort to a phone call also.

1 minute ago, carlt said:

My point is

I have no intention of ever doing anything beyond what is a legal requirement with an organisation that removed and destroyed my historic boat despite my going to extreme lengths to resolve the issue. 

I have no intention of raking over the past again to justify something that is not breaking any law or even t&cs.

It wasn't CRT that removed your boat though.

3 minutes ago, rasputin said:

I also have had this problem, I have had to resort to a phone call also.

I have just gone onto the website out of interest and on the application there is a drop down menu to pick when you want the new licence to start.

2 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

How do you remember all your other passwords? Go on admit it, you store them in writing somewhere I bet!

There is a very easy way. I use only two passwords for anything which requires a password. So, if it ain't one it's the other. No writing down needed.

I don't recall needing one when licensing (i.e. buying a new licence) our boat.

Just now, Athy said:

There is a very easy way. I use only two passwords for anything which requires a password. So, if it ain't one it's the other. No writing down needed.

I don't recall needing one when licensing (i.e. buying a new licence) our boat.

I've got loads of passwords, I don't generate or remember any of them, that's what the password manager does.

3 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

Certainty not. For the last few winters we have had our boat ashore so not licenced. It took less then two minutes to fill out the online form on the CRT website. 

Same again when we came to relicence in Spring.

The more that people go out of their way to make certain aspects more difficult for CRT, then the closer we get to things like trackers becoming a reality. 

Hardly CRT s fault you are forgetful!

I was referring to the suggestion that it only took a couple of minutes of CaRT time to knock on the door of an owner to check whether boat was out of the water. I realise that post 102 was probably an unintentionally incorrect quote above the comment - just don't take life too seriously:)

2 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

So make the CRT one the same as one of the others that you can remember.

Use something like LastPass

Just now, Mike Todd said:

I was referring to the suggestion that it only took a couple of minutes of CaRT time to knock on the door of an owner to check whether boat was out of the water. I realise that post 102 was probably an unintentionally incorrect quote above the comment - just don't take life too seriously:)

As nobody has ever bothered contacting me since I threw the reminder in the bin (because my boat was no longer in CRT waters) I suspect those here condemning me for my inaction are far more bothered about it than CRT.

3 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Write your passwords down somewhere only you know about, just like everyone else!

Put your passwords on a post-it note stuck to the monitor if you’re using a pc, or in a text document if using a lappy. A hacker isn’t going to break into your house/boat to see it. 

1 minute ago, WotEver said:

Put your passwords on a post-it note stuck to the monitor if you’re using a pc, or in a text document if using a lappy. A hacker isn’t going to break into your house/boat to see it. 

ahhh but i might take a trip up whitestone tonight now, peer through you window.