Cello 12v TV

rowland al

Featured Posts

10 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Somehow I can’t see that working... ;)

It works a treat I am testing it at home but ready to take it to the boat, it will recharge of my bank when not in use and while in use I will use both the boat batterys and the tv standalone battery to best manage power.

here is a link:  http://celloelectronics.com/worlds-first-solar-powered-tv/

Need to add the aerial is crap

Edited by marji

Just now, WotEver said:

You both missed my point... solar panel for use in the woods... :D

No you don't take the solar to the woods as per this example, I was saying the tv will charge off the solar and then you have a tv with built in battery bank and can then go anywhere wireless with it.

4 minutes ago, marji said:

No you don't take the solar to the woods as per this example, I was saying the tv will charge off the solar and then you have a tv with built in battery bank and can then go anywhere wireless with it.

Yes, I realised that...

Geez...

1 minute ago, WotEver said:

Yes, I realised that...

Geez...

Sorry but you humor is lost on me, woods tree canopy equal no solar I get it, but I am posting to inform another member about Cello tvs so was unsure if you understood what I meant in my first post, cleared up now no problem.

7 hours ago, WotEver said:

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it’s humour... :D

Sorry, humour not permitted ;)

I worded it wrong I should have said your humour "was" lost on me, at the time I thought you really did not understand it was stand alone, sorry no offence meant. 

• 2 months later...
On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 09:04, rowland al said:

The model I bought (see link above) has an on/off switch located underneath the stby/on light. It's not easy to spot unless you look underneath. I think they must have improved the sound a bit but don't expect high fidelity surround sound! ;)

Just bought one of these new Cellos but the sound isn't as good as the 6 year old Cello we let go on our previous boat - what do people do to improve it given space issues  - I would want a USB powered solution off the TV so it doesn't use another dreaded socket

Edited by Halsey
more info given

17 minutes ago, Halsey said:

Just bought one of these new Cellos but the sound isn't as good as the 6 year old Cello we let go on our previous boat - what do people do to improve it given space issues  - I would want a USB powered solution off the TV so it doesn't use another dreaded socket

I wired the TV headphone out to the audio system aux in. It meant running a wire all the way between the two but the sound was great. 

33 minutes ago, WotEver said:

I wired the TV headphone out to the audio system aux in. It meant running a wire all the way between the two but the sound was great. 

Good thought - it will sit above the audio system which may have an aux in or could be changed - don't want more stuff!

Thanks for that

Has anyone used these TV's from amazon? I guess they're more or less the same as Cello? 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B003VPJZ48/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1517079591&sr=8-7&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=12v+tv&dpPl=1&dpID=51Q1BbcWlBL&ref=plSrch

Although it has built in digital freeview,  I want to know if I could plug in my freesat box? 

Edited by blackrose

1 hour ago, blackrose said:

Has anyone used these TV's from amazon? I guess they're more or less the same as Cello? 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B003VPJZ48/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1517079591&sr=8-7&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=12v+tv&dpPl=1&dpID=51Q1BbcWlBL&ref=plSrch

Although it has built in digital freeview,  I want to know if I could plug in my freesat box? 

Not just similar to Cello - they are Cello!

See the heading just above the star rating.

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 08:32, Halsey said:

Good thought - it will sit above the audio system which may have an aux in or could be changed - don't want more stuff!

Thanks for that

Result - the audio in the cup'd just below has an aux in - problem solved - thanks!

1 hour ago, blackrose said:

Ok thanks, so can it be used in conjunction with a Freesat box?

most (if not all) of the cello tv sets have hdmi and scart inputs so you will be able to connect your freesat box

• 2 months later...
On 11/13/2017 at 16:37, MJG said:

They are but they seem better made and people seem to think they are more reliable and more suited to the rough and tumble they get in a non domestic (ie motorhome) installation. I honestly couldn't say whether that is true or not though.

Avtex are a little more expensive than their Cello counterparts but you get what you pay for. We have always had Avtex and I can't rate them highly enough. We recently took the plunge and upgraded to a new 199DRS and soundbar and we can't fault it.

If it helps, we purchased from here https://www.capitaloutdoors.co.uk