Marina Dog Ban

nbfiresprite

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

What a great idea.

I thought collective punishment was banned under the Geneva Convention?

One thing is certain, the person currently NOT picking up poo will be the one NOT to obey the new ban, as rules don't apply to them!

George

ps If dogs are running loose, surely they are the ones more likely to be depositing unchecked.

Edited by furnessvale

It looks to me like quite a high stakes game of bluff they are conducting.

Given that (in my estimate) about 50% of boaters own dogs, they will have to evict about 50% of their customers in January as few dog owners will just 'get rid of their dogs'. 

So then they will have to fill the spaces with new customers, all of whom will undertake not to bring dogs onto the site. Not quick or easy so this ban will hit the marine in the pocket, very hard. 

Reading between the lines however, is it suspected that the prime suspects are dogs belonging to the marina owners (or on-site staff)?

8 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Reading between the lines however, is it suspected that the prime suspects are dogs belonging to the marina owners (or on-site staff)?

I very much doubt it; although they roam the yard and shop, they are generally (or were when I was a regular there, 3 years ago) closely accompanied by their master or mistress. The only truly free-range creatures to be seen were a number of hens, whose droppings tend to cause minimal offence.

Edited by Athy

14 minutes ago, Athy said:

I very much doubt it; although they roam the yard and shop, they are generally (or were when I was a regular there, 3 years ago) closely accompanied by their master or mistress. The only truly free-range creatures to be seen were a number of hens, whose droppings tend to cause minimal offence.

It is only in the last few months, that dog truds  have became a problem, being left on the walkways around the main basin. The prime suspect is one of the newbe's.    

23 minutes ago, Athy said:

They have a free range cat which I was told was a vicious and took a dilight in attacking dogs. Of course I could have been told that so I would keep my stupid mut in check :)

That's a good move by the marina as peer pressure will probably make the culprits pick up after their dog. Dog owners who moor there won't want to be flung out so will keep and eye on other dog owners and hopefully teach them to be more rsponsible

haggis 

• Greenie 2

Perhaps we will follow US practice soon; in some apartment complexes you can keep a dog but you must get its poo DNA analysed.  Dog owners pay for this and then offending turds can be traced to the dog's owner.  It's probably not expensive now that it is widespread!

4 minutes ago, mross said:

Perhaps we will follow US practice soon; in some apartment complexes you can keep a dog but you must get its poo DNA analysed.  Dog owners pay for this and then offending turds can be traced to the dog's owner.  It's probably not expensive now that it is widespread!

Well, if ever they ever make a series called "CSI Cambridge" the first episode might be one to be avoided. :sick:

7 minutes ago, mross said:

Would that be widespread DNA testing or widespread turds?

Speaking as a liveaboard dog owner who yesterday cleaned up after someones dog had dumped outside my boat and then ran to its owner as he left the canal side and walked to his car or house way down the street I reckon that its probably a non boaters dog at marches doing it, they usualy are. Anyway it wont effect me because I don't have a sloping forehead, bandy legs and webbed feet so I wont be mooring in the fens.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Speaking as a liveaboard dog owner who yesterday cleaned up after someones dog had dumped outside my boat and then ran to its owner as he left the canal side and walked to his car or house way down the street I reckon that its probably a non boaters dog at marches doing it, they usualy are. Anyway it wont effect me because I don't have a sloping forehead, bandy legs and webbed feet so I wont be mooring in the fens.

You may be allowed to visit, Fox's is not open land to the public.

5 hours ago, nbfiresprite said:

If the ant-socal boater who lets his or her dog crap everywhere and just leaves it, instead of picking up your dogs crap. Your actions will result in all dogs being banned from Foxes Marina from the new year.

dog ban notce.jpg

Yup, let’s punish the many for the inconsiderate mis-deeds of the few.

Find out who it is, collect the poo, put it in a paper bag, douse the bag in lighter fuel, place it on their doorstep, light it, ring the bell and leave.........you know they will stamp on it to put the fire out.

• Haha 1

On 12/11/2017 at 18:28, mrsmelly said:

Anyway it wont effect me because I don't have a sloping forehead, bandy legs and webbed feet so I wont be mooring in the fens.

Even so, despite not having bandy legs and a sloping forehead you still appear to confuse the word "affect" with the word "effect"!! ;)

12 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Find out who it is, collect the poo, put it in a paper bag, douse the bag in lighter fuel, place it on their doorstep, light it, ring the bell and leave.........you know they will stamp on it to put the fire out.

And I thought I was the only one