Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Naughty Cal

Any Thoughts

Featured Posts

37 minutes ago, nb Innisfree said:

I'm lusting after a Tesla.

I've got it bad. 

If its Nikola, you are too late, he died in 1943 (although both his names seem to be going strong)

On 18/11/2017 at 11:34, Naughty Cal said:

Love the Tesla but can't afford one of those. For now we will have to make do with this. Her she is in all her yellow glory!

20171118_104936.jpg

20171118_104951.jpg

How the motor industry has changed.

When I first started driving I bought my first Mini for £20 as a scrapper out of some-one's front garden. It was 12 years old, had 60,000 miles on it and I had to weld on new sills and replace the rear subframe to get it through the MoT.

BRILLIANT car though. A major advance on the Austin A35 I had previously.

don't bother with black alloys - just paint the wheels and trims gloss black, and be prepared to touch them up a couple of times a year.  The only bits on my car that looked their age were the original alloys and now they are painted black you would think they were brand new, and the colour gave the car a much more menacing look.  The pattern of the wheels is fairly irrelevant once they are painted 'cos the pattern recedes. 

3 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

don't bother with black alloys - just paint the wheels and trims gloss black, and be prepared to touch them up a couple of times a year.  The only bits on my car that looked their age were the original alloys and now they are painted black you would think they were brand new, and the colour gave the car a much more menacing look.  The pattern of the wheels is fairly irrelevant once they are painted 'cos the pattern recedes. 

No. We want alloys on it. Those wheels are hideous!

We can pick a set of rough alloys up for not a lot and get them refurbished and powder coated for not a lot. The new set of tyres will be the expensive bit!

On 18/11/2017 at 12:08, Naughty Cal said:

No. We want alloys on it. Those wheels are hideous!

We can pick a set of rough alloys up for not a lot and get them refurbished and powder coated for not a lot. The new set of tyres will be the expensive bit!

Are they not just hideous wheel trims on steel wheels?

5 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Are they not just hideous wheel trims on steel wheels?

Yes they are.

And no we don't want to just buy a set of less hideous wheel trims.

6 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

the wheels will be worth more than the car :apple:

We can get a set of wheels for £100 and It will cost us £100 to get them refurbished and powder coated. 

It will be ready for some new tyres on the front soon anyway as it has cheap nasty things on, so we will just get a full new set put on the alloys when they are done.