Overboil protection device

Jo Green

Featured Posts

Hi,

we have a Kabola E7 series which we now have up and running. There’s a bit of a safety issue though, which I’m not sure how to fix...

Every now and again the power cuts out in the marina. When this happens, the circulation pump stops working and the water is left boiling with nowhere to go. Would an overboil protection decide solve this problem? There’s isn’t currently one fitted. 

Thanks,

jo

I find it difficult to believe there is no pressure relie valve but if not then they are simple to fit. Generally when installing new Kabolas I power them via a small dedicated inverter which eliminates shore power loss issues and keeps the system running.

This is the overboil cut off on the OD4 I have, 

There is a thermo coupling running from the shut off in the oil supply to the housing forming the hot water outlet on the boiler. The dedicated inverter is a good idea.

Have also included a picture of the carb.... The small white dot is a minimum setting, just below one which allows the fire to burn, provide HW and heat without running a pump, water circulating on a thermo syphon basis.

Hope this helps.

L

IMG_3414.JPG

IMG_3419.JPG

IMG_3420.JPG

Edited by LEO
Explain white dot

Not quite the same, but the Kabola E5 that came with flamingo actually has a standard PRV fitted to the boiler.

Best picture I can find at the moment.

(I'd forgotten how inappropriate it was to the engine room of an historic ex working boat - thank goodness we decided to take the plunge and remove it!)

DSCF9728.JPG.cdddd11dd31bfd14599e978d27a2d8e2.JPG