Winterizing

jddevel

Featured Posts

45 minutes ago, Theo said:

Thanks for that. 

You're welcome, and I see where you're coming from (not literally - Birmingham is next week)!

Are you over-wintering at Droitwich or is that to be your new permanent mooring?  Locks in all directions, of course, but quite a nice place to set out from and to be based. Enjoy! :)

38 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

You're welcome, and I see where you're coming from (not literally - Birmingham is next week)!

Are you over-wintering at Droitwich or is that to be your new permanent mooring?  Locks in all directions, of course, but quite a nice place to set out from and to be based. Enjoy! :)

It looks as if it will become a permanent mooring.  It's a good place to start from.  Easy to get to Brum, Worcester, the Severn.  I like locks.  They're one of the good bits about canalling.  Without them it would be just an elongated boating lake.

(If  I were still a mod I would reprimand me for going off topic and staying off topic for several posts.  <_<)

13 hours ago, Theo said:

It looks as if it will become a permanent mooring.  It's a good place to start from.  Easy to get to Brum, Worcester, the Severn.  I like locks.  They're one of the good bits about canalling.  Without them it would be just an elongated boating lake.

(If  I were still a mod I would reprimand me for going off topic and staying off topic for several posts.  <_<)

Your excused, going off topic is like talking about summer plans instead of winter.  Am I heading off topic? :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2017 at 02:54, NB Lola said:

Never drained the calorifier in last 9 years.  I just Close fresh water tank valve, open taps drain and then turn water pump off. Job done.

Same here.  Leave all taps and shower open. A splash of antifreeze in the macerator toilet bowel. Portholes blanked with polystyrene. Then i leave 4 tubular greenhouse heaters spread about on a 5 C thermostat setting connected to the 240v shore supply. Last years winter bill for six months winterized was £13. Come aboard in April and she,s ready to go.