kabola e3

skyway

Featured Posts

Good evening all,

hmmm that makes me sound like a policeman from my youth, anyways I wonder if there is someone who might be able to shed a little light for me .

I have a Kabola E3 it came to me 2nd hand with no instructions (doesn't seem to be much in the way of anything online about these) I have the E3 unit its self also a fuel pump and a fuel filter oh and a fuel tank. 

Does anyone know how all this goes together and to boot all the writing has been rubbed off the oil controller thingy so I have no idea where is the starting position etc.

I do want to connect it to the central heating system which is all plastic will it be too hot?

If anyone can help me with this I will be most grateful.

thanks 

pumps.jpg

E3.jpg

tank.jpg

Edited by skyway

Thanks for the info :)

I will get a 12v central heating pump and some copper and plumb it in once I get it working in the garden.

I'm afraid I can't get that link to work Jo.

Is there any chance you could take a photo of your regulator and post it I will be ready with a sharpie. :) 

My advice, having briefly had a Kabola on the current boat before removal is that whilst you are learning the procedure for lighting it, do not try again too quickly if a previous attempt has failed.

The "whoompf" and scorched eyebrows that can result if you try to relight whilst still hot is not particularly pleasant, and you look a bit odd until the eyebrows grow back.

Another forum poster has suggested a minimum of 30 minutes between attempts, and that I think is sensible.

Once you have mastered them, they are apparently bullet-proof and highly reliable, though I am told will use more diesel than a pressure fed boiler.  I can believe that, because a lot of heat goes straight up the chimney, rather than heating water.

Ours was removed fully working - there was no problem with it - it just wasn't appropriate to the boat.

Hi,

Those carbs. are standard to to Kabola fires and I think are no longer made, Turn it fully clockwise to turn it off and full anti-clockwise for fully open setting.

I have one on a OD4 (small unit) and the high settings are never used, it increases from 1 to 5 on mine so I only use 1 to 2 settings.

They also have a fuel filter fitted.

Suggest you make a search for a recent post on lighting a  Reflecks fire for more info on the carb.

Poster 'KK' has produced a good video about these fires which features maintenance of these carb.

L

PS. looks as though your unit is in the 'off' position, judging by the small pointer on the control button.

It also looks as though your unit has a shut off valve if the flame fails and an 'overboil' shut off to the oil supply.

Edited by LEO

Thanks for all the great info and links, I'm also squirrelling them away in a folder for safe keeping.

My wife is sat behind me very happy as she thinks that the kabola is too ugly to fit on the boat and shes saying see see no one wants them, hard to use but thats because she wants just her wood stove in. (Ugly I told her she can paint it if she doesnt like red :D)

22089205_701550330051047_8231832552212777513_n.jpg

Edited by skyway