Bad Fishermen

dmr

Featured Posts

8 hours ago, Grassman said:

I've increasingly this last few years seen fishermen with just a rod and a plastic bag. Many of them I believe are of Polish nationality who have a reputation for eating the fish they catch. So they've no need for all the fisherman's paraphernalia, just  a bag to take their catch home in. 

When I was fishing a lot I would often just take a rod and a small bag, wandering along the river bank, finding likely looking areas and moving on as and when.

It is a lovely way to spend a summers day, often I would just watch the wildlife. 

54 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

When I was fishing a lot I would often just take a rod and a small bag, wandering along the river bank, finding likely looking areas and moving on as and when.

It is a lovely way to spend a summers day, often I would just watch the wildlife. 

This is how I fish. I don't catch often but its a lovely way to spend a few hours.

Ian.

• Greenie 1

12 hours ago, Grassman said:

I've increasingly this last few years seen fishermen with just a rod and a plastic bag. Many of them I believe are of Polish nationality who have a reputation for eating the fish they catch. So they've no need for all the fisherman's paraphernalia, just  a bag to take their catch home in. 

Or maybe they like fishing and eating  a sandwich  . 

13 hours ago, Grassman said:

My mate (who used to fish) was so interested in this that he had a chat to a couple of "English" guys using that method.   It appears (according to them) it is fishing for Zander.  Zander I gather are good to eat and as a species covered as alien in the Wildlife and countryside act can't legally be released.  So no keep nets etc and just a short rod for "spinning".  Not being a fisherman I can't vouch for the accuracy but it does sound plausible,