Bad Fishermen

dmr

Featured Posts

11 minutes ago, Flyboy said:

Try going when there is a fishing competition on the Shroppie, you'll find plenty.

Went through Newbury in summer with a match on with over 200 fishermen participating. The only grump was the chap that left his pole out too long, I'm afraid I snapped the tip off. He wasn't happy, to his credit he refrained from swearing at me. I find few problems with fishermen, often pass the time of day and a smile. I can honestly say that I find more boaters with miserable faces than i do fishermen. 

Ian.

1 hour ago, cuthound said:

I wonder if they discuss batteries on fishing forums as much as boaters discuss them on boating forums?

Do they discuss fishing and boating on battery forums?

Yep they certainly do and like here there are lots of positives and negatives. 

• Greenie 1

we where at market drayton ..when the national was in progress ..and i kid you not ..there was about 500 .if not more of the buggers ...if you have never cruised when thats on it as to be done ...mr mister luved it ...

5 minutes ago, haza said:

we where at market drayton ..when the national was in progress ..and i kid you not ..there was about 500 .if not more of the buggers ...if you have never cruised when thats on it as to be done ...mr mister luved it ...

Me too... more or less all the way to Tixall they were!

yes i think the first peg started by the navvie at gnosall not sure tho .it was great fun going past them .if i had charged a pound for every one who asked me to churn the water up for them ..i would had a free nite in the pub 

yes i think the first peg started by the navvie at gnosall not sure tho .it was great fun going past them .if i had charged a pound for every one who asked me to churn the water up for them ..i would had a free nite in the pub 

yes of course they do 

sorry 

I do fish but like it when boats go past, its something to see, cos I'm crap and don't catch much.

It does annoy me though when fishermen on the sharpness Gloucester canal like to hang their coats on the no fishing sign at junction bridge and fish in front of it. Uhhh its a turning point, A few months ago one was there tucked behind the large willow trust boats, didn't see him till it was too late. Dumb ass thought it was a good idea to strike into his run, one snapped rod, after pointing out to him the no fishing sign his coat was on he decided not to move and was still there later in the day. He pulled his rod in quick when he saw me.

last week another wangler got upset i got close to him out and back when turning around in the same spot.

12 minutes ago, rustydiver said:

I do fish but like it when boats go past, its something to see, cos I'm crap and don't catch much.

It does annoy me though when fishermen on the sharpness Gloucester canal like to hang their coats on the no fishing sign at junction bridge and fish in front of it. Uhhh its a turning point, A few months ago one was there tucked behind the large willow trust boats, didn't see him till it was too late. Dumb ass thought it was a good idea to strike into his run, one snapped rod, after pointing out to him the no fishing sign his coat was on he decided not to move and was still there later in the day. He pulled his rod in quick when he saw me.

last week another wangler got upset i got close to him out and back when turning around in the same spot.

I walked along their a couple of weeks ago and there was two guys fishing behind the willow trust with their fishing tent pitched next to the no fishing sign and their stack of gear propped against the sign.

13 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

I walked along their a couple of weeks ago and there was two guys fishing behind the willow trust with their fishing tent pitched next to the no fishing sign and their stack of gear propped against the sign.

They be fair game there now. Especially when both willow trust boats are there you can't see behind them.:giggles:

5 hours ago, bizzard said:

< snip > But for number two's it must be either a commode or a big nappy, it simply must be. They couldn't hold it for that long surely. :unsure:  Or maybe its the reason why some wear big waterproof trousers tucked into high Wellington boots and have to stand up and do a little jig now and then :closedeyes:

Yeahbut........................

Pumpout or cassette?

• Greenie 1

15 hours ago, Theo said:

One of the fishing type things that I find curious is the amount of gubbins that some fisherpeople find necessary in the pursuit of their art.  Some need four wheeled trolleys and others not much more than a rod and a carrier bag.  Is the catch weight a function of the kit weight?

N

I've increasingly this last few years seen fishermen with just a rod and a plastic bag. Many of them I believe are of Polish nationality who have a reputation for eating the fish they catch. So they've no need for all the fisherman's paraphernalia, just  a bag to take their catch home in.