Boat Painted.

Featured Posts

I finally got time to re-paint my boat from red/black to green and cream/yellow.

All painted using craftmaster paints. I have enjoyed doing it over the last 3 weeks when weather allowed.

The red had faded and the original pink roof had rust scabs so ground back treated and undercoated, there was rust above most windows and treated and filled. I'm pleased with the result, so just the name to go on next. Vinyl lettering as I'm no sign writer!

Some prefer the original scheme but I prefer the more fresh colour on my 1998 Liverpool boat.

James:cheers:

Old painted 1.jpg

Old painted 2.jpg

Boat painted1.jpg

First boat painted1.jpg

Bow.jpg

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, matty40s said:

looks very smart, you were very brave to do it this late in the year.

one tip, why not tie your front and back end from the fenders until the paint has had time to harden off on the edge

We'll see during the winter if painting it so late will have any detrimental effects. I certainly sanded between coats well to give a good key and finished painting by 2-3pm to allow paint to dry and didn't start till 12 to allow any moisture to evaporate and the sun to warm the steel up.

Good point about tying from fenders as the bow rope has rubbed the paint on the bow edge.

21 minutes ago, dave moore said:

I know your boat. I lettered it at Norbury some years ago when it was called Merry Pippin then later for Tim Yorke at Shebdon. 

Looks good now. Dave

Yes, probably must be 6 years ago possibly when I believe Tim painted it. I bought it at Norbury Wharf from Tim Yorke 5 years ago next month and it was originally Angela's boat at Norbury Wharf, who then sold it to Tim etc, then me. I seem to remember it's had 3 names. "Waterdale" the "Merry Pippin" and then your very nicely painted, "Cottondancer" I'm going to name the boat "KYLEMOOR"

Kyle is my surname and moor as in mooring.